No announcement yet.

My first street fight since boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shamz
    IMO street fighting should be anyones last resort, even if ur gonna get muggd by like 5 people, always jus punch thru one of them and then run/walk away, when the numbers are against u, boxing isnt gonna help u, and since boxing isnt a grappling or dirty kinda fighting style, itd be hard for someone whose used to boxing to be able to use the same moves the would in the ring considering the other guy is most lkely trying to take u down to the ground and then smackin u up, best thing to do is talk it out, if not possible, then land the first punch and make sure its something good too, like a hook to the temples, or an uppercut right under there chest ribs, or just a simple jab to the chin can send them crying

The best boxing defense you can use in a street fight is the "Morrade Hakkar" style great for street fighting...Bailed me out plenty of times...This isnt something that you can learn in the ring but doing roadwork will only prepare you for this type of training..."Morrad Hakkar" Best style for a street fight.

Comment

Spinks u really know ur fighting hey...
      but i guess in a street fight the best style of fighting is to use ur head...not literally but hypothetically...as in think before u swing etc etc.

Comment

ya

ur right jabsrstiff
        streetfights do come natural not time to think
        what u do in tha gym is what u do in a fight
        u drop ur hand while hitting a bag
        that's what u will do in a fight
        fight sloppy on tha bag
        fight sloppy in tha fight
        what u do in tha gym is what u do in tha fight

Comment

[QUOTE=ThaGreatest...[/QUOTE]
          Nice nick

Comment

Here's how boxing has helped me on the street....

I can throw any kind of punch, from any angle, with either hand, with power....& without having to THINK about it.
            it has also given me the belief that no schmoe on the street, even with his bare fist, is gonna hit me as hard as I've been hit while boxing.
            I can take a lot of punishment.

That said.....boxing has not helped me deal with a dude who's as strong as an ox & takes me down to the ground.

This is why you can't be relying on boxing SKILLS to help you in the street. You aren't gonna stick & move, work off a jab, shoulder roll, counter, pace yourself....none of that.
            If you have done these things & they've worked, I guarantee you are street fighting some really wmpy, pathetic guys.
            You can only rely on the power, durability, & explosiveness that has been ETCHED into you.

I streetfight like a hockey player fights (minus the skates !).
            I'll start out, hoping the guy wants to stand & trade...straight up.
            But, odds are we're gonna get to some kind of grappling. If I can grapple, & stay up, I like to hold onto the guy (whatever I can grab)....& unload with the free hand. Boxing has helped me be ambidextrous with my punches, so I switch up & bang with whatever hand is free.

Comment

GOLLY!
              Youse guys are scary, with the violence and the savagery and the
              machismo....but mostly with the suffocating bull****!!

I have done things in street fights ....and had them done to me that would make all of you run to mommy whimpering.
              The first time you heard the sound of bone and teeth breaking from a ballbat to the mouth, you would toss your ****ing cookies!
              No shame in that....but don't talk fictional crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxerdog
                GOLLY!

I have done things in street fights ....and had them done to me that would make all of you run to mommy whimpering.
                The first time you heard the sound of bone and teeth breaking from a ballbat to the mouth, you would toss your ****ing cookies!

LMAO.................

Comment

Originally posted by Boxerdog
                  GOLLY!

So.....other people on here are lying, but your stories should be believed....why , again ?

Oh, the animated boxing dog avatar, that's it !

Comment

I'm over a half century old bud....and really couldn't care less what some strangers on a message board think of me personally.
                    I just thought that some reality was overdue after hearing about all the sidestepping, and left hooks and powershots and neatly resolved battles that put the "badguy" in his place. (cue the herioc background music)
                    You don't need to believe **** but I've been around, Slim and know that in real life, in cases of assault if you are gonna try and defend yourself, no special skills are needed .....just the balls to do what needs to get done and get a little blood on your neatly pressed shirt. A touch of psychosis helps. AND....... Even then....the bad guy may very well beat the dog piss out of you if he has a bigger stick.

Comment

I'm actually with you...on this topic, Boxerdog.

As I've stated....there's no way to "approach" a streetfight outside of just getting in there & letting it go....

Comment

Working...
                      X