Collapse
No announcement yet.

ADVICE: First Amateur Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all, congratulations. You have already proven yourself by getting this far. Nice job!

A good food to eat prior to a bout (about 20 Min. before your fight) is an orange slice. Good, quick energy that will last longer than candy and is much lighter.

Don't worry if you’re a little nervous before the match. Everyone is, even your opponent. There would be something wrong with you if you weren't nervous. Keep it simple. Be aggressive with your jab and breathe naturally.

Don't worry about winning or loosing. Thousands of people run the Boston Marathon each year but only a handful ever have a chance of winning. Why do they run? Because they are competing against themselves in order to beat their own personal best time. Your goal is the same, and that to perform as well as you can and better than you did before. If you keep doing that the wins will come.

Good luck, I'm sure you will do great!

Comment

Oranges and pasta are good. If you cant eat a orange try and atleast drink some OJ. Pasta is good because it fills you up and wont weigh you down. Forget the energy drinks like monster. Those will make you crash. I like to eat some pasta, pound some OJ, and drink some gatorade to replenish my system before I enter the ring.

Comment

So how'd you do?

Comment

Cats prolly wiped out today lol.

Anyway howd you do son?

Comment

how u do man ? i wana know if u won

Comment

i was at the fight heres how it went. It didnt go well at all for poor johnie, johnie was walking to the ring and he tripped and fell, everyone in the crowd went silent in embaressment for him, some were laughing, anyways he got up and did a little dance to show everyone he was ok, meanless to say noone was amused. A couple seconds later Johnie gets in the ring, his opponent started laughing at him right before the bell rang this made johnie nervous anyway the first bell rings and this is what happened to poor johnie boy

Yes he was the blue corner poor guy, knew he shouldnt of listened to the guys on boxingsecene for advise.

Comment

Originally posted by bobweaver View Post
                i was at the fight heres how it went. It didnt go well at all for poor johnie, johnie was walking to the ring and he tripped and fell, everyone in the crowd went silent in embaressment for him, some were laughing, anyways he got up and did a little dance to show everyone he was ok, meanless to say noone was amused. A couple seconds later Johnie gets in the ring, his opponent started laughing at him right before the bell rang this made johnie nervous anyway the first bell rings and this is what happened to poor johnie boy

Yes he was the blue corner poor guy, knew he shouldnt of listened to the guys on boxingsecene for advise.
                Video Added: July 15, 2007

Fail.

Comment

I won my first first fight by UD! I just want to say thanks to everyone. I really
                  did use a lot of this advice you guys gave me. After I hit the other guy clean, and the crowd went crazy, I lost all the butterflies. I learned a lot from my first fight. Yes, I was nervous as hell. But it felt good. I have fell more in love with boxing. THANKS again EVERYONE!

Comment

Originally posted by VBoxer View Post
                    I won my first first fight by UD! I just want to say thanks to everyone. I really
                    did use a lot of this advice you guys gave me. After I hit the other guy clean, and the crowd went crazy, I lost all the butterflies. I learned a lot from my first fight. Yes, I was nervous as hell. But it felt good. I have fell more in love with boxing. THANKS again EVERYONE!

Cong**** man.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X