No announcement yet.

ADVICE: First Amateur Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADVICE: First Amateur Fight

This Saturday (Feb. 23) I will have my first amateur fight. So, I have a few questions for those that are veterans and know what they are talking about.

- If the fight starts at 7pm, what should I eat (and when) throughout the day?
    - How hard should I train on Friday and Saturday?
    - Any advice would be appreciated.

THANKS!

first off, listen to what your body is telling you to do. everyone has different chemistry, training methods and emotions.

very light work out monday thru thursday, even less on firday. only jog a little to break sweat friday and saturday. NO MUSCLE SORENESS THIS WEEK. you'll hold water weight and that will ake you sluggish.

eat in the morning, light, just enough to get good energy and kill he hunger. compex carbs. drink a good amount of pedialyte, but not until you are full, just stay hydrated.

around 4 pm eat about 6-7 ounces of any type cheese, cheddar is what i like. it's a slow realease complex carb and will give you added endurancey.

during the fight just focus on relaxing and breathing, jabb followed by IMMEDIATE STRAIGHT RIGHT. stop and set up again. don't punch yourself out.

this works for me, GOOD LUCK!

Comment

I wouldnt train Saturday considering it is your fight. Friday you might want to take off as well. Monday and Tuesday do a regular work out, but a little lighter. Thursday go down, do some shadow boxing, skip rope, speed bag, and that's pretty much it. Just want to break a sweat.

If you have to make a certian weight you will want to watch what you eat.

As far as eating after you weigh in, I usually eat some right after the weigh in, drink a bottle of OJ, and sip on some gatorade.

Best of luck.

Comment

Also, make sure you win.

best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Greatwhitehope View Post
          Also, make sure you win.

best of luck.
          Arent you the great pro fighter charlie zelenoff, you hsould be able to help him out right?

Comment

wow nice i duno when mine is but i cant wait hehe gd luck man do ur best to win.

Comment

I'm no veteran or expert, but good luck, mate!

Comment

yeah - what domey & rebmogul said...

lol im no veteran or anything but im just here to say

Good luck matey

is the fight gonna be recorded and uploaded?

Comment

When i fight on Saturdays, we spar on Thursday, barely work out at all on Friday (just a little shadow boxing) and then we fight Saturday. I wake up Saturday morning, eat a bowl of cereal and then go weigh in. Then fight. Good luck with your fight.

Comment

Sparring the a night or two or even three before a fight can be dangerous. Granted it is just sparring and light work, but you can always get hurt. Twisting an ankle, hurting your hand, or sparring with someone that be having a bad day and is fustrated and just feels like taking it out on you. I would hate to have a fight and not be able to compete, or be at my full potential due to some sparring incident.

If you are going to do any sparring I would do it the first few days of the week. Like Monday or Tuesday. Wednesday should be a conditioning night, and Thursday your goal is to break a sweat, get loose, and that is about it. Friday you want to relax, and let your body get ready for Saturday night.

Comment

Working...
                    X