hitting the heavy bag every day?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hitting the heavy bag every day?

need some advice please!

is it best to hit the heavy bag every day or every other day?..

i train 5-6 days a week(2 days of intense conditioning drills e.g 30 sec burpees/30 sec shadow boxingx 16 tabata punch out drills etc..a lot of these are rosstraining routines)..do morning 3 mile runs every day with intervals and lift iron 3 times a week push/pull splits..my boxing workout is usually 3 rounds of jump rope,5 rounds of heavy bag and then circuits of pullups,press ups,dips etc)..

Originally posted by mrh1275 View Post
    need some advice please!

is it best to hit the heavy bag every day or every other day?..

i train 5-6 days a week(2 days of intense conditioning drills e.g 30 sec burpees/30 sec shadow boxingx 16 tabata punch out drills etc..a lot of these are rosstraining routines)..do morning 3 mile runs every day with intervals and lift iron 3 times a week push/pull splits..my boxing workout is usually 3 rounds of jump rope,5 rounds of heavy bag and then circuits of pullups,press ups,dips etc)..
    I do 30+ mins of jump rope every training day before My workout.

Working the pads with coach.

The heavybag is done 6 rounds

along with 6 rounds body bag

and 6 rounds double end bag.

Coutdown from 10 with 4 routines.(EXP. 10 jumping jacks, 10 kick-outs, 10 mountain climbers, 10 push-ups...9 jumping jacks , 9 kick outs.......)

Speed bag for how ever many rounds non stop. those are light days because they are without sparring.

Beleive me hitting the bag everyday will only help you. If your not doing it someone else is.

Comment

i think, especially when one is first starting, that the HB should be pounded every freakin' day. builds your power from the ground up, builds confidence in your punches, lets you practice loads of different things on your own, etc..

Plus it'll build up toughness in your hands (if you aren't using a light-ass bag).

Comment

I punch the bag for at least 24 rounds a day as Ive said in another thread. Ive ****ed up my knuckle and wrist from hitting it that much,but they healed and my knuckle is ****ing huuuuuge now.I can also punch harder because my wrist is better then before.It can put alot of toughness in you.Plus if you're using a 100lb and up bag,your power WILL increase. Neglecting this to just every other day shows you dont wanna improve. I would drop the weight routine for the bag routine everyday.

Comment

I do 30+ mins of jump rope every training day before My workout.

Working the pads with coach.

The heavybag is done 6 rounds

along with 6 rounds body bag

and 6 rounds double end bag.

Coutdown from 10 with 4 routines.(EXP. 10 jumping jacks, 10 kick-outs, 10 mountain climbers, 10 push-ups...9 jumping jacks , 9 kick outs.......)

Speed bag for how ever many rounds non stop. those are light days because they are without sparring.

do you also do roadwork,weights and conditioning drills?

Comment

"I punch the bag for at least 24 rounds a day"

i find thta hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by nedcmk1 View Post
              "I punch the bag for at least 24 rounds a day"

i find thta hard to believe.
              You wanna call my gym and ask my coach? I can give you the number? YES I AM PUTTING YOU ON THE SPOT.

Comment

Originally posted by mrh1275 View Post
                do you also do roadwork,weights and conditioning drills?

Yes I run often... I run so much I don't even count it... But I mix it up alot... some days I Run 3 miles and stop.. maybe 5 the next day then stop... and some days I just run with the music for a ridiculous amount of the day which is usually on saturdays and sunday afternoons.

If you find it hard to get up and go running... try getting up at 5 and shadow boxing for 3 minutes... then go back to sleep. You'll increase it yourself without even really forcing yourself.

Depends on how your feeling.

Comment

"You wanna call my gym and ask my coach? I can give you the number? YES I AM PUTTING YOU ON THE SPOT."

sure....

Comment

Originally posted by nedcmk1 View Post
                    "You wanna call my gym and ask my coach? I can give you the number? YES I AM PUTTING YOU ON THE SPOT."

sure....
                    Im sending it PM right right now. I'll be asking him tomorrow if anyone has called. I dont have to lie on what I do,its foolish,just because you probably cant do it doesnt mean others cant.

Comment

Working...
                    X