Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing now.... compared to the 50's thru 80's...Any Way to Regain that Respect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eazy_mas View Post

and you forgot something Mickyb better steriods

Nah.. not steroids...but i'm talking about better nutrition. Plus boxers ARE healthier nowadays. It always makes me laugh - when you look back into boxing history - the depression era boxers, many were nicknamed "the kid"... this is not because of there youth, but because of there small, malnourished frames.

Athletes are better, at every sport. Humans can only evolve better and better. This includes fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyb View Post
      Nah.. not steroids...but i'm talking about better nutrition. Plus boxers ARE healthier nowadays. It always makes me laugh - when you look back into boxing history - the depression era boxers, many were nicknamed "the kid"... this is not because of there youth, but because of there small, malnourished frames.

Athletes are better, at every sport. Humans can only evolve better and better. This includes fighters.
      it ironic because you calling amercian a fat yank but you put the word athletes.

anyway I think many athletes use steroids but long time ago it was much more. Aaron Pryer people look like he was the p4p greastest lighweight but his actual win at the first fight of Alexis Arguello by drinking spanich drink to get muscle to KO Aleix was simply must put him in boxing hall of shame

Comment

Aaron Pryer people look like he was the p4p greastest lighweight but his actual win at the first fight of Alexis Arguello by drinking spanich drink to get muscle to KO Aleix was simply must put him in boxing hall of shame
        ** Stupid thread.

First off Pryor was a jr welt, one of the best ever. 2nd, his style KOed Arguello, not some stupid drink. Had you reviewed the bout, you'd understand Pryor didn't need anything extra the last round. He had plenty of rest.

As to these other doofuses thinking boxers are better today because athletes are better, they're dumber than folks were in yesteryear. Sure, Ben Hogan can't outdrive Tiger with his persimmon driver, but morons today think they are hot **** because they can buy a 200 mph cycle and do steroids like any other jack squat.

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
          I would Expect You to be Positive because your one of those guys you just described..Its easy to see that and I'm not trying to boost you.

Its that second part That i don't know about with you.
          My mind is set,even with a million obstacles.

Comment

The thread took a Crazy Spin ... I simply asked.

Boxing isn't the same as before... I admit that... But does anyone think Boxing could ever Regain its past RESPECT?

What would it take for this to be accomplished?

none the less everything everyone said was very intresting.. I was actually hurt by that fencing comment though.. Thats just plain horrible, And I hope your drinking habit influenced that statement and there wasn't any truth in it.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
              My mind is set,even with a million obstacles.
              Hopefully... Cause it looks like boxing has few years left after the fights are made. and there is no apparent heir besides...

maybe one in Paul williams... and if mayweather continues to outpoint everyone.

Comment

Hopefully... Cause it looks like boxing has few years left after the fights are made. and there is no apparent heir besides...

maybe one in Paul williams... and if mayweather continues to outpoint everyone.
                Im about to pay off some debts and then go part time at work with the help of my family,and train for most of the day. Im putting the bull**** aside.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
                  Im about to pay off some debts and then go part time at work with the help of my family,and train for most of the day. Im putting the bull**** aside.
                  (Note: Read the full post before anyone trys hitting me wit the "Who do you think you are" bull****)

Plzz do so... because Boxing needs alot of things to be done... and Even though I'm very confident (maybe even overly), I can not put the sport back in its rightful place alone...

Needless to say thats if I Make it At all.. Though I feel Its inevitable.

I take the Job of worrying about the sport as if without me it will die....It looks cocky to some..But honestly i just feel as If I'm getting to the point where I feel responsible for the sport.And honestly though I feel that way I actually have no right as of now to even think like that.. Thats why I train so hard till I can hardly walk straight without hurting because It will be my position someday. ... Maybe others should think the same.

I been flying hard training... When I land Everyones gonna feel it. It'd be nice to know someone else thought the same and really meant it.
                  Last edited by DA1CATAS; 08-20-2007, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
                    ** Stupid thread.

First off Pryor was a jr welt, one of the best ever. 2nd, his style KOed Arguello, not some stupid drink. Had you reviewed the bout, you'd understand Pryor didn't need anything extra the last round. He had plenty of rest.

As to these other doofuses thinking boxers are better today because athletes are better, they're dumber than folks were in yesteryear. Sure, Ben Hogan can't outdrive Tiger with his persimmon driver, but morons today think they are hot **** because they can buy a 200 mph cycle and do steroids like any other jack squat.
                    well but did he or did he not take a drink, Aaron Pryor made history because now you only have to bring water. That is a fact. It was a close fight and each fighter was getting beaten up badly, what ever he took still remain questioned.

about today's athlete Pryor's time people used to get much more than today.

Steriods thing was more long time ago then now, there doping regulation are more aware of type of drugs used and some supplement that is banned in boxing.

(Note: Read the full post before anyone trys hitting me wit the "Who do you think you are" bull****)

Plzz do so... because Boxing needs alot of things to be done... and Even though I'm very confident (maybe even overly), I can not put the sport back in its rightful place alone...

Needless to say thats if I Make it At all.. Though I feel Its inevitable.

I take the Job of worrying about the sport as if without me it will die....It looks cocky to some..But honestly i just feel as If I'm getting to the point where I feel responsible for the sport.And honestly though I feel that way I actually have no right as of now to even think like that.. Thats why I train so hard till I can hardly walk straight without hurting because It will be my position someday. ... Maybe others should think the same.

I been flying hard training... When I land Everyones gonna feel it. It'd be nice to know someone else thought the same and really meant it.
                    no it okay, if you dont think you wanna be the best for serious comeptition that it is not use competiting. and boxing is a sport that someone could get hurt too.

do you work Data?

Comment

well but did he or did he not take a drink, Aaron Pryor made history because now you only have to bring water. That is a fact. It was a close fight and each fighter was getting beaten up badly, what ever he took still remain questioned.

about today's athlete Pryor's time people used to get much more than today.

Steriods thing was more long time ago then now, there doping regulation are more aware of type of drugs used and some supplement that is banned in boxing.

no it okay, if you dont think you wanna be the best for serious comeptition that it is not use competiting. and boxing is a sport that someone could get hurt too.

do you work Data?

Yes I work... always have alot on my plate.. thats Why im trying to be rich before I go pro so I can just devote life to helping the sport. It needs someone to Stand out..

Obviously the greater I am the better the guy that beats me (if their is such a person) will look.. and the higher we all elevate ourselves the beter for us all..

We must first make this the best generation of boxers to ever live. Time is short for us all.. They did it while they were young.

And they had GREAT heavyweights. We have a sad era of the sport at this point.. So the AMs must contain the GREATEST. at least 3-6 of them. Thats why I try to encourage everyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X