No announcement yet.

going 2 become pro and as gud as Rocky marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David06 View Post
    If you need us to give you some motivation, you won't ever be anywhere as good as Marciano.
    lol you cant say that for definent.

Comment

dont footballers who love playing football at school go yeh im gonna b playing 4 real madrid wen im older? yeh dat mos probs wont eva happen but the ambitions dere. whats the difference with saying i wanna be a pro boxer? and quite a few of pros i seen r completely ****. none of u mans have drive or ambition u jus wanna aim 4 sum **** target i.e. i wanna win some AMATUER level fightin ur not even thinkin of bein a pro making a name 4 urslf.

Comment

Originally posted by HANDZ View Post
        boxing isnt a street fight where everything goes and the fight last no longer then 2-3 minute's,You have to learn technique and the Science if you cant throw proper punches and your conditioning isnt up to par your gonna get knocked the **** out plain and simple no matter how many fight's you have had in school have you ever fought in any Amateur tournament's yet? well who am i kidding you havent even sparred before lol you might wanna re-consider going pro as of right now unless you are Liu Kang .
        ^^^ What he said.

Boxing is not fighting. Fighting is not boxing. My gym is in a very bad neighborhood, and lots of very tough men come into our gym thinking they're gonna represent because they're good streetfighters, only to have a skilled (sometimes only moderately-skilled) boxer smear them across the canvas. Sometimes it's from lack of conditioning, sometimes it's from being restricted to only employing two fists and their brain. Usually it's a combination of both. Learn to box, welcome to the brotherhood. But don't fool yourself into thinking that being street tough means you're ready for the pros. You still have many mountains to climb, friend.

Comment

bdw normal fights whueva says dats nuthin like boxing is chatting ****. u dont c gud fighters throwing random punches plus dey try dodge the ones coming 2 dem LOL aint dat the basics of boxing? wastemen LOL talking bout me wanting 2 go pro early? amir khan i swear hes onli won 11 matches? dont he already want a world title shot already? and how old is he? 20-21? and i swear he wanted a title shot last year? u wastemen shuld quit boxing u lot aint got no drive

Comment

Originally posted by Trey_Ha View Post
            bdw normal fights whueva says dats nuthin like boxing is chatting ****. u dont c gud fighters throwing random punches plus dey try dodge the ones coming 2 dem LOL aint dat the basics of boxing? wastemen LOL talking bout me wanting 2 go pro early? amir khan i swear hes onli won 11 matches? dont he already want a world title shot already? and how old is he? 20-21? and i swear he wanted a title shot last year? u wastemen shuld quit boxing u lot aint got no drive
            You don't see "gud fighters" in street fights. You watch too much Walker Texas Ranger.

Go pro after a few months of conditioning. Let us know how it goes for you.

Comment

dont footballers who love playing football at school go yeh im gonna b playing 4 real madrid wen im older? yeh dat mos probs wont eva happen but the ambitions dere. whats the difference with saying i wanna be a pro boxer? and quite a few of pros i seen r completely ****. none of u mans have drive or ambition u jus wanna aim 4 sum **** target i.e. i wanna win some AMATUER level fightin ur not even thinkin of bein a pro making a name 4 urslf.
              Your saying if you went pro today your ambition would make you successful?
              for a guy who is yet to even spar in his life,and is judging boxing off high scool fight's i would say your pretty much Food to the sport beside's the fact how many trainer's and manager will invest time and money in to any one who has No amateur experience and can barley stand for 1 or 2 round's ? im just comparing the Real and un-realistic's of what your Goal consist of but who am i to judge?.. contact your local athletic commission and they will give you more info on your inquire for a application on obtaining a pro license.
              Last edited by HANDZ; 03-01-2007, 05:38 PM.

Comment

=DD dum guy dere LOL did i say i wanna go pro now? and dum guy number 2... hmmm... y do boxers box? dnt dey like fighting? dont dey like the adreneline rush? before dey started boxing dey musthave had fights b4 dat aint i correct? so LOW chatting **** bout gud fighters dont get into fights. LOL how can dey even b gud fighters without even fighting inda 1st place? dum ****

Comment

Are you in a hurry? Stop writing in short hand and spell the words out. It takes me 5 minutes to read a short paragraph. Fighting in the street is totally different than fighting in the ring. Once you spar, you will know that.

Comment

im 17 im not as formal as u sorry. haha whats the complete difference between normal fights and boxing? both aim 4 accurate hits 2 hurt, both try dodging, both need 2 move about 2 avoid getting hit, both try to win. LOL whats the difference? cept dat boxing u need 2 train.. use fancier footwork.. hold ur guard up.. dats the onli difference

Comment

=DD dum guy dere LOL did i say i wanna go pro now? and dum guy number 2... hmmm... y do boxers box? dnt dey like fighting? dont dey like the adreneline rush? before dey started boxing dey musthave had fights b4 dat aint i correct? so LOW chatting **** bout gud fighters dont get into fights. LOL how can dey even b gud fighters without even fighting inda 1st place? dum ****
                      Nearly every fight I've ever seen has been two untrained idiots flailing at each other. On the rare occasions when I have seen a skilled fighter completely dominating someone in a scrap, he was always the one who tried to avoid the fight. I grew up on an Indian Reservation where fighting was the main pastime, and I worked nights as a musician in bars for years and saw fights all the time.

What makes you a good boxer is exactly the opposite of what makes a street punk. Discipline, determination, character, courage, faith in yourself. Those things are as important as learning to throw a proper jab. The traits you develop as a boxer are exactly the OPPOSITE of the traits that make you want to go out and get in street fights. Boxing is not pointless violence. Boxing is a sport. And because of that, what makes a respected boxer is the opposite of what makes a respected streetfighter: sportsmanship, prudence, decency, humility, respect, and compassion. These are as much a mark of manhood in the ring as are violence and brute strength.

It's ironic, but by the time you've trained hard enough to become a good boxer, you'll understand how stupid fighting is. If you don't know the difference, you have a lot to learn.
                      Last edited by fraidycat; 03-01-2007, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X