Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Backs Andy Ruiz To Beat Deontay Wilder, Become a Force at Heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course he'd say that. But ruiz does have a good chance though.

Comment

Ruiz deceptive defence and Wilders complete lack of jab and stamina tip this Andy's way imo.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Yeah.... Because AJ lost to Ruiz that’s why.

Whatever Hearn said to spin Ruiz being a good opponent for AJ is irrelevant. He didn’t say Ruiz would beat Wilder back then.

He’s saying it now after AJ lost to Ruiz and that is the sole and only reason he’s saying it.
        Back when ? HA

Ruiz had a boxing hiatus from 2016 to 2018 after the Parker fight why would he bring up Ruiz name back when ?

Hearn also said this ,

“I know AJ cleaned him out in two rounds, but it was a great performance. Charles Martin can fight. Still, it was a good fight then, and it’s a good fight now. Charles Martin might beat Deontay Wilder,” said Hearn.

Let me guess he’s saying it to save face because A.J did terrible against Martin right ?

It’s like,one poster said on here if Hearn said water was wet you guys would argue it . Ha

Comment

I don't hate Andy's chances vs Deontay these days. Lotsa intangibles in play vs these two if they were to fight doe. Who is Deontay in 2021? Is Andy taking boxing seriously for serious this time? Who knows how fooked up Deontay is post-the Fury L & who knows what version of Andy shows up. So idk if I'd bet on either guy here if this gets made & I think I couldn't even make a pick til after I see some more things in training & the weigh in.

Comment

Make Ruiz v Wilder right now and my money will be on Wilder with no IFs , Ands, or Buts.
            Same goes for any HW INCLUDING Fury!!

Comment

TBH Hearn would say that, heís got to flog the ďRuiz is top tierĒ card to override the fact that AJ is still as good as originally advertised.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                So Hearn said Ruiz was a serious threat to Joshua, had fast hands and a style to give Joshua headaches.

Everybody disagreed and made Ruiz a massive under dog. We should ignore what Hearn has to say as he is just a sleazy promoter who has to say stuff like that.

And low and behold Hearn was right and EVERYBODY ELSE was wrong and Joshua had an absolute nightmare at the fast hands of Ruiz. But still he's just a sleazy promoter and we shouldnt listen to a word he says.
                There were many of us who gave Ruiz a chance against Joshua. I even thought Miller could beat him. A.J is one of the best out there at the moment but he is not without flaws. Suspect chin and stamina. Probably nerves but either way he is a heavyweight and his weaknesses make all of his fights interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                  Back when ? HA

Ruiz had a boxing hiatus from 2016 to 2018 after the Parker fight why would he bring up Ruiz name back when ?

Hearn also said this ,

ďI know AJ cleaned him out in two rounds, but it was a great performance. Charles Martin can fight. Still, it was a good fight then, and itís a good fight now. Charles Martin might beat Deontay Wilder,Ē said Hearn.

Let me guess heís saying it to save face because A.J did terrible against Martin right ?

Itís like,one poster said on here if Hearn said water was wet you guys would argue it . Ha
                  Back before Ruiz folded him.

Heís saying it now because he beat AJ. Thatís the only reason.

You can say whatever you want, everyone knows why Hearnís saying it. Because his boy got smashed by the fat man.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Back before Ruiz folded him.

He’s saying it now because he beat AJ. That’s the only reason.

You can say whatever you want, everyone knows why Hearn’s saying it. Because his boy got smashed by the fat man.
                    This doesn't quite add up.

I think Eddie would want Ruiz to beat Wilder because that would mitigate to some degree Joshua's loss (but even then, how much really?).

But if Eddie doesn't really believe it and the fight did happen and Wilder did smash Ruiz -- how does that make Joshua look better? How would that suit Eddie?

It only makes sense if Eddie either really does thinks Ruiz beats him or is totally convinced that Wilder will never fight Ruiz. Take your pick.

Comment

I donít think you will see wilder anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X