Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wallin: Most People Still Know Me For Giving Fury A Tough Fight, Time To Change That

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Wallin: Most People Still Know Me For Giving Fury A Tough Fight, Time To Change That

    The buildup throughout Otto Wallin's previous fight focused on his ability to deliver a stiff challenge to the best heavyweight in the world. The goal moving forward is to make sure he is better remembered for his winning performances. A first step was taken by the Swedish southpaw last August, scoring a 5th round injury stoppage over Travis Kauffman in a relatively one-sided affair. The bout was Wallin's first since Sept. 2019, when he pushed Tyson Fury (30-0-1, 21KOs) to the brink in forcing the unbeaten Brit to fight through a gruesome cut for more than nine rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    I like this young man and I hope he wins. Boxing needs more Nordic fighters, Swedes and Norwegians, and definitely the Danish scene that was so prominent circa 2000ís needs to come back. Like the German scene, the Danish scene seems to have vanished. Wallin has sound skills and has a Danny Garcia type thing going where he doesnít appear to do one thing exceptionally well but all the skills are in line at a high level to the point where he is just downright effective in application of pugilism.
    Good luck lad, make a name for yourself so they canít ignore you

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      I like this young man and I hope he wins. Boxing needs more Nordic fighters, Swedes and Norwegians, and definitely the Danish scene that was so prominent circa 2000ís needs to come back. Like the German scene, the Danish scene seems to have vanished. Wallin has sound skills and has a Danny Garcia type thing going where he doesnít appear to do one thing exceptionally well but all the skills are in line at a high level to the point where he is just downright effective in application of pugilism.
      Good luck lad, make a name for yourself so they canít ignore you
      I hope he stops Breazeale honestly and proves the Fury fight wasnt a fluke BUT I could also see Breazeale pulling off a win and putting himself back in contention with some top names. This is an interesting match up I think. Losts to lose and gain for both guys.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes buddy, you need a win there. You can get it, Breazeale always struggles.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thats not true. I dont know you at all

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Get em up View Post
            I hope he stops Breazeale honestly and proves the Fury fight wasnt a fluke BUT I could also see Breazeale pulling off a win and putting himself back in contention with some top names. This is an interesting match up I think. Losts to lose and gain for both guys.
            Pbc is good about rebuilding fighters so while I think a loss hurts either guys brand, I think as long as itís as great a fight as I think it can be then I think damage control can plug the holes. It hurts brezeale more due to him losing his biggest fights and by washes I might add. Brazeale has a lot of heart and had heavy hands so I suspect we will see him busted up, maybe knocked down, taking shots, he has the kind of power that can save him if he can land. Iím curious to see if his time in training after the wilder debacle had made him realise he needs head movement....

            Comment


            • #7
              Breazeales already looking past Wallin for Shaq OíNeil , so still going with Wallin and the dream I had of Wallins sister giving Breazeale a run for his money .

              Comment


              • #8
                I think wallin beat fury so he's undefeated in my book . ain't no way they would've let a average fighter keep boxing with that cut.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nino brown21 View Post
                  I think wallin beat fury so he's undefeated in my book . ain't no way they would've let a average fighter keep boxing with that cut.
                  Even accepting your argument about stopping this hypothetical average fighter, your logic is still fuzzy -- they didn't stop the fight and Wallin lost by a large margin.

                  Fury's cut was bad no doubt, but if it was so bad that the fight should have been stopped, then Wallin should have been able to use that advantage to stop Fury in the 9 rounds that they fought after the cut happened. That Fury was able to finish the fight fairly comfortably tends to suggest they made the correct decision.

                  I don't see how you arrive at him being undefeated.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The one thing about Breazeale is his fights are always entertaining. That will help him get meaningful fights. Chisora still gets big fights with double digit losses. Fans want to be entertained & guys like Breazeale & Chisora provide those kind of fights.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP