Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jamal James Elevated To WBA "World" Welterweight Titlist, Ordered To Next Face Radzhab Butaev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jamal James Elevated To WBA "World" Welterweight Titlist, Ordered To Next Face Radzhab Butaev

Jamal James becomes the latest welterweight to reap the benefits of the division's restructured title picture. The Minneapolis-bred boxer was elevated from "interim" to "World" titlist by the World Boxing Association, the sanctioning body confirmed on Thursday. The move comes on the heels of having recently upgraded Miami's Yordenis Ugas from "World" to "Super" champion in line with the sanctioning body naming former "Super" title claimant Manny Pacquiao as its "Champion in Recess."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hmmm. Butaev is a good mandatory. If James does that fight.

I'm ok with this decision.

I guess my question is why they did this mandatory order with the quickness, but allowed Manny to sit on the belt for 2 years with no order?

Comment

So Jamal James is up there, belt-wise, with Errol, Bud & Ugas?!?!?!

Oh fook man I hate boxing outside the ring. Everything is a perversion of the sport & an insult to fans.

Comment

How do fighters like Butaev get in these positions with only 13 fights and 10 KOs, but Boots Ennis is not, with 26 fights and 24 KOs?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

I guess my question is why they did this mandatory order with the quickness, but allowed Manny to sit on the belt for 2 years with no order?
          Maybe because its not the same belt or maybe they (WBA) know they screwed Butaev by not giving him Ugas fight and now owe Butaev a title fight

Comment

So who's the WBA Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Champion now?...

Comment

WBA at it again damn you can get a Belt from the WBA without even fighting for it

I sure even Jamal would prefer to win his Belt in the Ring rather than by Email, Text or Phone call that he has been elevated

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                How do fighters like Butaev get in these positions with only 13 fights and 10 KOs, but Boots Ennis is not, with 26 fights and 24 KOs?
                Thank you dear god for somebody saying it before I did!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Or Rashidi Ellis in this division. But yeah, Boots is ranked like 20 but he's actually the best welter in the world.
                  Thats boxing. Any run of the mill moron can think of a better way to run the sport, it takes a handful of special geniuses with loads of money to f it up to this degree. And the UFC has been right in front of their eyes showing them the best way to do it for about 20 years now
                  Last edited by Wacked_Out; 02-04-2021, 02:56 PM.

Comment

WBA is complete trash.

Comment

Working...
                    X