Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Munguia Has Potential, But For Now I Don't Want To Face Another Mexican

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
    Hey moron, do you know what text in Brackets means? There is no were Canelo is saying this. And he has fought other Mexicans and will again. All he is saying in this story and the one you posted was that he wasn't interest in Munguia.

Lastly, Benavidez is American like, Ruiz, and Garcia.

Comment

• Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post
      Hey moron, do you know what text in Brackets means? There is no were Canelo is saying this. And he has fought other Mexicans and will again. All he is saying in this story and the one you posted was that he wasn't interest in Munguia.

Lastly, Benavidez is American like, Ruiz, and Garcia.
      The last sentence in the quote says "i dont want to fight mexicans i want to fight people from other countries" ****in idiot

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        The only real and credible wins for Canelo that haven't been compromised are Trout and Jacobs. No other win has any merit.

Canelo has arguably a better resume than Manny? Haha. His win over Barrera alone in fight 1 is better than Canelo's whole career combined. You'd have to be detached from reality in a very scary way to think otherwise.

The win over Manny for Marquez is superior than Canelo's whole career too.

Please lay off the glue. But if can't, please take this advice... You're supposed to sniff it, not smoke the shlt.
        I mean both guys used PEDs, both guys had favorable judging sometimes (Manny shouldve been 1-2-1 against JMM not 3-0-1), and both had excellent matchmaking.

The only prime opponent Manny fought above 135 was Tim Bradley. Hell Mayweather and Thurman werent even prime to be fair. So yeah you can make a CASE Canelo has a better resume than Manny

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post
          I dont see the jealously between Mexicans I think its just competition being overblown by news/fans etc. The only real fighter I seen hating was Juan Manuel Marquez, the others were just belittling their rival which is normal in Competition. Morales and Barerrea genuinely never liked each other so they would always bash each other it had nothing to do with each being Mexican, Chavez sr used to bash Canelo but that was beacuse he was his son's biggest rival once Canelo separated himself in class from Chavez jr than Chavez Sr gave Canelo praise. Its how competitive sports works, some fans will like this team other fans will like this team. Harrison and Charlo digged into each other and nothing nice to say about each other was that Black fighters hating on black figthers or was that just competition and how it goes?

And worrying about the Money trickle down effect is reaching, lets use the opposite logic of that. Not paying Mexican fighters will 100% for sure will ensure that the money will not enter Mexican communities. The money has the best chance of helping more Mexicans if you put that money in A Mexican hands to spend than putting that money into non-Mexicans hands to spend.
          I think Marquez hated on them because he was never really given credit and was always in their shadows. Personally I see no point or reason to start trash talking someone in the spirit of competition. What I have seen in the Mexican communities is mostly jealousy. They will support someone when it comes to them having to choose between a Mexican and a non-Mexican but as soon as it becomes Mexican vs Mexican they can get real nasty.

I am not so worried about the money trickle down effect. That was more of a response to a previous comment. I do agree though that having the money in "Mexican" hands has a higher chance of further going down more Mexican hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caxcan View Post
            I just watched the interview and in it he's specifically asked about whether he'd consider facing Benavidez in the future and responds: "Clearly, whoever is there, if it's an interesting fight for the public and for me, we'll face them"

When the interviewer asked him about facing another Mexican it was within the context of a fight with Munguia specifically. Canelo said maybe in the future but he felt he lacked the experience. He also didn't close the door on facing another Mexican, saying sometimes it's necessary.

This article seems like more an attention grabber because in the interview he was asked about different options and his future, but here it was reduced to Munguia and the Mexican angle when he'd be accused of cherrypicking if he fought him or any other lesser Mexican fighters at 160-168.
            Good to know. Thanks for the information. I think you are correct in that the article is just click bait mostly instead of giving actual facts. Since Canelo has publicly stated he would fight Benavidez if he had a belt then all Benavidez has to do is go get Plants belt.

Comment

• i think canelo wants to retire.. he don't want to fight anybody. 2nd to floyd for being a good ducker.

Comment

• Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
                Who has canelo beat in their prime that wasn't at a weight or age disadvantage? (Crickets chirping)
                And don't say GGG because he lost both those fights. Not officially, but he lost those, got his eye busted open
                1. What do you consider prime?
                2. What age would you consider to be Canelo's prime?
                3. You still did not answer my question you just avoided it with whataboutism.
                4. Canelo's resume is still light years better than Mikey's.
                5. Who has Mikey beat in their prime that was a top name?
                6. If you want to pull the prime card then you can say that for just about anyone in the last 30 years. Was DLH in his prime when Pac beat him? Was the Pac Margarito fight not at a catch weight? Was the Floyd v Canelo fight not at a catch weight? Did Andre Ward not fight at a higher weight in the Olympics then fought at a lower weight in the pros so he could balloon up? Was Holyfield not on steroids? Was Foreman not 40+ way past his prime when he fought Holyfield? Has GGG not fought smaller guys moving up to his division multiple times? Was Duran a better lightweight than anything above welter and should not have fought higher?

Comment

• Originally posted by Silver Spear View Post
                  They will support someone when it comes to them having to choose between a Mexican and a non-Mexican but as soon as it becomes Mexican vs Mexican they can get real nasty.
                  That's sports. Its like Chargers vs 49ers or Giants vs Jets, they are the same state but soon as they face each other the line gets drawn in the sand. Look at Crawford vs Spence their black fans base is going at it with each other, is it because its blacks hating on blacks? or blacks being jealous of other blacks? No its sports, Half of the black people relate or like Crawford and the other half like Spence and when they aren't pitted against each other they all root for their home team black fighters but once that line gets drawn it's time to pick a side and pick which boxers you're going to root for. Talking shit etc is all part of sports, diminishing your rivals talents, belittling them etc is all part of the pagentry of sports.
                  Last edited by TheBoxGod; 01-27-2021, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Redhead Scum, he never fails to surprise me with his delusions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post
                      That's sports. Its like Chargers vs 49ers or Giants vs Jets, they are the same state but soon as they face each other the line gets drawn in the sand. Look at Crawford vs Spence their black fans base is going at it with each other, is it because its blacks hating on blacks? or blacks being jealous of other blacks? No its sports, Half of the black people relate or like Crawford and the other half like Spence and when they aren't pitted against each other they all root for their home team black fighters but once that line gets drawn it's time to pick a side and pick which boxers you're going to root for. Talking shit etc is all part of sports, diminishing your rivals talents, belittling them etc is all part of the pagentry of sports.
                      I get all of that I still disagree that it should be part of the sport. I guess if you want to be a mainstream sport in today's society you need all the theatrics to bring in the casuals. Now before I start getting into the philosophical side of this I will just be on my way.

Comment

Working...
                      X