Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Munguia Has Potential, But For Now I Don't Want To Face Another Mexican

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What he is really saying is he don't want to fight Benavidez and Ramirez. Those are the Mexicans he don't want to fight. If he does i can guarantee he puts some weight restrictions on them. He damn sure won't fight them at a weight where they are comfortable...

Comment

Lets cancel him on instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Spear View Post
        Someone needs to ask him if he considers David Benavidez a "Mexican" or not so we can all finally put to rest will he won't he David. I think everyone wants to see this matchup and if we get our answer sooner rather than later it would be good. Also is Canelo saying that he would potentially go back down to 160 for Munguia?
        I just watched the interview and in it he's specifically asked about whether he'd consider facing Benavidez in the future and responds: "Clearly, whoever is there, if it's an interesting fight for the public and for me, we'll face them"

When the interviewer asked him about facing another Mexican it was within the context of a fight with Munguia specifically. Canelo said maybe in the future but he felt he lacked the experience. He also didn't close the door on facing another Mexican, saying sometimes it's necessary.

This article seems like more an attention grabber because in the interview he was asked about different options and his future, but here it was reduced to Munguia and the Mexican angle when he'd be accused of cherrypicking if he fought him or any other lesser Mexican fighters at 160-168.

Comment

He doesn't want to fight any "poor" Mexicans. He's in Hearns pockets, looking for Euros, uh, pounds, both.

Comment

Canelo wants Dinars, not Pesos.

Comment

He said he wouldn't want to fight Munguia right now and the bumb ass author put words in his mouth by adding [to fight another Mexican].

Then you all make a whole thread out of something that was fabricated. So fkn dumb.

Comment

There are many Afro-American fighters ( if they´d actualy fight and not hug ), Brits, Eastern Europeans foe him to fight. What´s the big deal???

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Spear View Post
                  Who has Mikey fought and beaten that was so great in your eyes to put him above Canelo?
                  Who has canelo beat in their prime that wasn't at a weight or age disadvantage? (Crickets chirping)
                  And don't say GGG because he lost both those fights. Not officially, but he lost those, got his eye busted open

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post
                    He said he wouldn't want to fight Munguia right now and the bumb ass author put words in his mouth by adding [to fight another Mexican].

Then you all make a whole thread out of something that was fabricated. So fkn dumb.
                    Not the first time he says it fool

https://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-c...-fight--148185

Comment

• Originally posted by ReggieKray View Post

Well, to be fair, there really aren't that many true Mexican fighters in the game right now. Not like you had before. Your Mayorga's, your Marquez's, your Sanchez's, your Cuevas's, guys like Jesus Chavez, etc.

Canelo fought prime Chavez Jr, so we know it's not a racism deal.

What he LIKELY meant is, he wants guys that draw money, and he knows that as far as Mexican fighters, he won't get that right now.

The sport is desperately missing breakout Mexican stars that draw money outside of Mexico. The closest I can think of is maybe Carlos Ocampo, really.

Comment

Working...
                      X