Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Munguia Has Potential, But For Now I Don't Want To Face Another Mexican

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably meant " DE-face another Mexican" jajaja

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Spear View Post
      I see what you are saying and agree to a point. I think Canelo does not want to keep the stereotype going that Mexican's are jealous of each others success. Instead of putting countrymen against each other he wants to help lift them up. The rivalry between past Mexican greats was good to see on tv but the aftermath was probably worse. Mexican's as it is already hate on each other if one is more successful than another. I think Canelo wants to unify his people and not divide them.

If David fought Canelo and earned 10+ million I doubt he would spend it on anything to do with helping Mexican communities. He is US born from one Mexican parent. Who is to say he would not want to help is mother's side first?
      I dont see the jealously between Mexicans I think its just competition being overblown by news/fans etc. The only real fighter I seen hating was Juan Manuel Marquez, the others were just belittling their rival which is normal in Competition. Morales and Barerrea genuinely never liked each other so they would always bash each other it had nothing to do with each being Mexican, Chavez sr used to bash Canelo but that was beacuse he was his son's biggest rival once Canelo separated himself in class from Chavez jr than Chavez Sr gave Canelo praise. Its how competitive sports works, some fans will like this team other fans will like this team. Harrison and Charlo digged into each other and nothing nice to say about each other was that Black fighters hating on black figthers or was that just competition and how it goes?

And worrying about the Money trickle down effect is reaching, lets use the opposite logic of that. Not paying Mexican fighters will 100% for sure will ensure that the money will not enter Mexican communities. The money has the best chance of helping more Mexicans if you put that money in A Mexican hands to spend than putting that money into non-Mexicans hands to spend.
      Last edited by TheBoxGod; 01-26-2021, 12:45 PM.

Comment

canelo ducking guys like berlanga and munguia to cherry pick his face off

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post
          I think its misplaced love for his people. I seen a old interview where he said this before and he said it was because he doesnt want to be responsible for derailing another Mexicans career but the part I think he fails to realize is,,, that he can be giivng his people a $15million dollar payday where they might never get that otherwise and he solely holds that power to make his own people rich. IMO he could have faced Gilberto Ramirez, David Benavidez, Jaime Munguia, sure maybe he beats them all but he would have also made them all Rich. To put that into Persepective that is maybe $45 Million dollars that could have went into his own people hands instead he made everyone else rich.
          Those are all fair points and hopefully Canelo will reconsider before he hangs up the gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by #1PaperChamp View Post
            Mikey Garcia ahead of Canelo ?? Marquez ?? Yikes. Those are some warped rankings

And you complain about Canelo resume? Its arguably better than Manny. . .
            The only real and credible wins for Canelo that haven't been compromised are Trout and Jacobs. No other win has any merit.

Canelo has arguably a better resume than Manny? Haha. His win over Barrera alone in fight 1 is better than Canelo's whole career combined. You'd have to be detached from reality in a very scary way to think otherwise.

The win over Manny for Marquez is superior than Canelo's whole career too.

Please lay off the glue. But if can't, please take this advice... You're supposed to sniff it, not smoke the shlt.

Comment

Canelo is corny with "another Mexican..."

Imagine if a black or white guy said this dumb sh...

Comment

Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
                Canelo is corny with "another Mexican..."

Imagine if a black or white guy said this dumb sh...
                Who’s “whiter,” Canelo or Plant? Plant seems more tanned skinned too. “Imagine if” lol

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                  Benavidez is not Mexican.
                  I know he was born in America but since he’s of Mexican descent, that will be the angle they try to take. Same way they’re trying to associate Ryan Garcia with them and promote him as Mexican despite him nor his parents being able to speak a lick of Spanish.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    I know he was born in America but since he’s of Mexican descent, that will be the angle they try to take. Same way they’re trying to associate Ryan Garcia with them and promote him as Mexican despite him nor his parents being able to speak a lick of Spanish.
                    Ryan's dad does speak spanish

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                      Not that I agree with his reasoning, but according to Canelo, he represents Mexico when he fights so he will not fight another Mexican. I guess so as not to confuse the issue. Mexican Americans can never represent Mexico in much the same way Italian Americans do not represent Italy or German Americans do not represent Germany. A good example of how this distinction plays out in boxing is evidenced by the hatred many Mexicans had for Oscar when he fought Chavez and the death threats he got after he won the first fight.

As for Ryan Garcia, I am not aware of any instances in which Garcia is actually being sold as a Mexican to the Mexican fans. Mexicans would not buy that. Mexicans make a clear distinction between Mexicans and Mexican Americans. Some even refer to Mexican Americans as "Gabachos" -- a not so polite word for foreigner

Comment

Working...
                      X