Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Working on Golovkin-Munguia; Imagine That Fight Headlining Cinco de Mayo Weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munguia is too green for golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
      DO IT OSCAR! DO IT!!!!!

"Ooooh yes... there will blood" - SAW dude.
      Mayweather IQ was and is more superior than Pac,GG & Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448
        I agree. He needs and deserves someone bigger. But at this point he's getting frozen out regardless. He won't fight Jacobs because their friends. BJS is moving for a Canelo fight. Hearn and DLH are moving GGG to Munguia. Charlo's probably going to fight Chris Eubanks Jr. Then what other options are their Andrade even if he leaves Matchroom?

Take on Dervy and then people can compare him to Jacobs, Charlo and GGG.
        I haven't seen a statement from Hearn confirming that yet. I don't think Hearn can stop Andrade from using the WBO rules to become Saunders' mandatory. Andrade needs to do that ASAP! That way, even if Canelo beats Saunders' he becomes Canelo's mandatory!

The only meaningful fight I can see Andrade having (without fighting Jacobs) is with WBO #2 SMW contender Zach Parker. Parker is 19-0 w/ 13 KOs. At least he would be putting himself next in line for Canelo vs. Saunders winner.

Comment

If GGG doesn’t stop Munguia then he is really past prime. If he stops him, i’d say GGG is still GGG imo and that would make a third Canelo fight more interesting.

Comment

Why aren't more of u pushing for Charlo vs GG? That's easily the most intriguing fight at 160. Smh.

Comment

GGG-Mungi is a gamble by Golden Boy for Jaime's last fight. They cash out if he loses but if he wins then they've shown they moved him right and he re-ups with them. For GGG demolishing Canelo's countrymen in May 5th would add fuel to the fire for a 3rd fight plus he shows he's still got it.

Ive been saying for a while now that Andrade and Saunders should fight on the undercard of Canelo-Yildirim and the winner can fight Canelo in May. WBO offices are closed until the January 7th so Andrade and Hearn should be camped out ready to maje tye case for Andrade being elevated to super chano staus and getting the immediate shot at Saunders.

Charlo vs Andrade would be nice but I dont think it happens. But if Charlo really wants to be in the running for a September Canelo fight then he should go up to 168 and fight Plant on Juneteenth. Or fight David Benavidez (a gridge match) early in February/March and then fight Plant Juneteenth. That gives him a belt since Canelo wants all the belts at 68 and both the Plant and Benavidez fights can be done inhouse under PBC

Comment

Mungia is a nobody without Oscar..

You really think Mungia will leave Oscar because they slimeball Zanfer tells him to?? LOL CUT IT OUT

Comment

Ok so we ALL know munguia is not hard to hit but this is the only problem I see for GGG...Munguia is young with a very high work rate at 40 yrs old can GGG keep up with that??? I'm down for this fight though

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
                    Bronx i always respect your opinions. Let Andrade fight Charlo!!! Whoever wins then has a huge amount of momentum.
                    I wouldn't mind an Andrade-Munguia matchup either, especially since Munguia is the #1 contender at 160 for the WBO belt that Andrade holds.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                      Ok so we ALL know munguia is not hard to hit but this is the only problem I see for GGG...Munguia is young with a very high work rate at 40 yrs old can GGG keep up with that??? I'm down for this fight though
                      Munguia does have a high workrate, however his offense mainly consists of charging in face first to throw body shots. Golovkin isn't what he was a few years ago but I do think he can land his power jab consistently to stop Munguia in his tracks.

Comment

Working...
                      X