Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Working on Golovkin-Munguia; Imagine That Fight Headlining Cinco de Mayo Weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
    Bronx i always respect your opinions. Let Andrade fight Charlo!!! Whoever wins then has a huge amount of momentum.
    Andrade vs Charlo would be a great fight. How come the PBC /LDBCQ hardley talk about this fight? Oh yeah their both black. That's what it seems like.

Comment

They are floating it right now I guess, to see if it sticks. At this stage of it all 3-G only has those 2-3 at most fights left before he moves on. 38-39 yo right, the way the match making works no sit and wait fights for him. Last fight got him back in the ring as planned. Lot of guys would like to say they beat him took him out of the game but they are all cautious about losing to anyone, so they circle overhead wait for a sign guarenteed weakness, but 3-G dont have the time has to fight stay close to the ring. Very few leave the game with a solid record a good following, respect from past performances. Someone will be in front of him when he leaves, when he exit's and his exit will not be by his choice is my guess. Hardly ever is.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
        Bronx i always respect your opinions. Let Andrade fight Charlo!!! Whoever wins then has a huge amount of momentum.
        Charlo is with PBC, so we know how that goes! Plus Canelo is the goal, and Canelo is at 168! Charlo should be targeting Caleb Plant, and Andrade should be doing what Crawford and Usyk did, move into mandatory position for BJ Saunders! Canelo is talking about Yildrim then Saunders. If I'm Andrade, i'm not letting that happen! I would be demanding Hearn (and the WBO) get me Saunders ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Charlo is with PBC, so we know how that goes! Plus Canelo is the goal, and Canelo is at 168! Charlo should be targeting Caleb Plant, and Andrade should be doing what Crawford and Usyk did, move into mandatory position for BJ Saunders! Canelo is talking about Yildrim then Saunders. If I'm Andrade, i'm not letting that happen! I would be demanding Hearn (and the WBO) get me Saunders ASAP!
          Saunders knowing that he's in the running to get the Canelo fight won't risk losing that payday by fighting Andrade.

I agree with you though that if he can't get a fight with GGG, Canelo, or even Saunders then he should just leave Matchroom/DAZN to sign with PBC to fight Charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
            Golden Boy has to pursue the GGG fight now. Munguia has one last fight with Golden boy left in his contract, and I doubt Zanfer Promotions will have him re-up to another co-promotion deal with them now that Canelo gone. You gonna have sleazy Eddie Hearn and Bob Arum both try to sign him after his next fight. It’s a shame Golden Boy did right by Munguia didn’t put him in too deep early in his career but now another promotion will benefit from their work, such is the boxing business.
            Wasnt aware of that,thanks for the insight. Let's hope Ryan and especially Vergil dont follow suit.

Seems like you're pretty knowledgeable and connected to our local socal boxing scene,do you run a local gym by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox View Post
              Saunders knowing that he's in the running to get the Canelo fight won't risk losing that payday by fighting Andrade.

I agree with you though that if he can't get a fight with GGG, Canelo, or even Saunders then he should just leave Matchroom/DAZN to sign with PBC to fight Charlo.
              If Hearn was looking after Andrade's interests, which is his job, he would be pushing for Andrade to get GGG or Saunders ASAP!

PBC brings more than just Charlo. There's Eubank Jr., Benavidez, Plant, and Morrell Jr. will be on the fast track too!

Comment

Originally posted by Mario g View Post
                Andrade vs Charlo would be a great fight. How come the PBC /LDBCQ hardley talk about this fight? Oh yeah their both black. That's what it seems like.
                So you're saying the same reason the LDBC don't want Andrade vs Charlo is the same reason that yawl don't want them in with GGG, Canelo, and Mungia.

Because they're black?

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox View Post

Last time I checked the WBO has a rule that the champion moving up gets an immediate mandatory shot at the champion of the division he is moving up to.

So if Andrade moves up he will get an immediate shot.

Also a saw a tweet some months back from the WBO president talking about wanting to make the Andrade vs Saunders fight.

But like always I expect Andrade to end up fighting some unknown bum and Saunders getting another bum on his resume too, smh.

Comment

This would be good on the undercard of Canelo vs Saunders.

Comment

man... GGG beats Jaime. Why dont they work on GGG vs Charlo, saunders, andrade... those fights. SMH. GGG wasting his time

Comment

Working...
                      X