Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz's Manager: Whyte is Great Fight To Land Joshua Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anglo_Saxon View Post
    As soon as Ortiz called his bluff Whyte has gone as quiet as when Povetkin put him in an induced coma.
    Very quiet indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bain01D View Post
      Whyte does seem to fight anyone though, take tough sometimes meaningless fights
      That's why he deserves respect. Maybe he should take Ortiz - whats the difference between him and Povetkin? Wilder made his name fighting an old Ortiz. Why not Whyte?

Comment

The baby eating Bishop of Bath and Wells.

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
        Ortiz called his bluff?

These were Ortiz's words: "I heard my name and I got excited. I called my manager, my coach and Al to ask if there's a possibility, so I'm waiting patiently."

Ooh, sitting there patiently waiting to hear back from Al and his team. Those are fighting words! No wonder Whyte has gone so quiet...
        see your point about Ortiz being a poodle but Whyte has gone quiet. I would like to see the fight as it would finally answer a lot of questions.

Comment

see your point about Ortiz being a poodle but Whyte has gone quiet. I would like to see the fight as it would finally answer a lot of questions.
          Yeah, I'd be happy to see the fight as well. But I don't see Whyte going quiet in the same fashion as you. When Ortiz is saying he needs permission to take the fight, the ball is still in his court. Should Whyte be telling the press "I'm waiting!"?

Comment

Why we still talk about Ortiz? he had Joshua fight on the table, rejected.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              You're acting like Whyte is some top 3 world champion, and not someone who just got KTFO by a senior citizen while also getting dropped by uppercuts in 80% of his other fights. He's coming off of a devastating loss and just ran to the media accusing Povetkin of faking Covid 19 to avoid him. His stock has never been lower.
              He's a top 10 fighter with a decent body of work. He's a credible opponent and challenger.

Ortiz' notable 'wins' have been losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                He's a top 10 fighter with a decent body of work. He's a credible opponent and challenger.

Ortiz' notable 'wins' have been losses.
                Whyte is still ranked higher than Ortiz in all the rankings I follow

That's the luxury that fighting top level affords you, you can lose one and not plumet out of the rankings.

Comment

Far from happening.

Meanwhile, ask another gimme fight from brother Al Haymon. Keep it up grandpa.

Comment

As soon as Ortiz called his bluff Whyte has gone as quiet as when Povetkin put him in an induced coma.
                    Like when AJ sent Whyte a contract for his shot at 4 world titles. Went quiet as a mouse after screaming about wanting his shot

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                      Whyte is still ranked higher than Ortiz in all the rankings I follow

That's the luxury that fighting top level affords you, you can lose one and not plumet out of the rankings.
                      Whyte is a hype job who got found out again. He shouldn't be in the top 10 of any rankings after being beat by a barely top 10 retiree .

Rankings are easily manipulated and almost meaningless.

Comment

Working...
                      X