Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz's Manager: Whyte is Great Fight To Land Joshua Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Luis Ortiz is really interested in Whyte, he can ask Haymon
    to send an offer to Dillian for a Fox or Showtime card.
    It's similar to Brook vs Crawford where Hearn was not in the picture.

Right now Hearn is focused on making the rematch with Povetkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Anglo_Saxon View Post
      As soon as Ortiz called his bluff Whyte has gone as quiet as when Povetkin put him in an induced coma.
      Ortiz called his bluff?

These were Ortiz's words: "I heard my name and I got excited. I called my manager, my coach and Al to ask if there's a possibility, so I'm waiting patiently."

Ooh, sitting there patiently waiting to hear back from Al and his team. Those are fighting words! No wonder Whyte has gone so quiet...

Comment

Ortiz needed to take that Joshua fight, if he won ... but if he had lost well Whyte vs Ortiz was ppv in the UK. I don't think showtime, Fox has any money for this fight in the US, Whyte is on a one fight deal so they could do it.

Looking at Ortiz's last opponent Ortiz is on the cash-out and has been for some time. I'd still like the Whyte vs Ortiz fight just for the build-up but can't see it happening.

Comment

As if fans forgot Ortiz's team screwing up the last time he got offered the Joshua fight. I would really like to see him fight Whyte though, but something tells me it isn't going to happen.

Comment

This fight should happen. If I was Whyte I wouldn't take it next. Would be dumb to take it after a heavy KO loss. That's why Ortiz is suddenly chasing it now

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
              This fight should happen. If I was Whyte I wouldn't take it next. Would be dumb to take it after a heavy KO loss. That's why Ortiz is suddenly chasing it now
              Whyte does seem to fight anyone though, take tough sometimes meaningless fights

Comment

AJ just beat his IBF mandatory , Usyk is the WBO ,Trevor Bryan is the WBA mandatory , How is that going to get you AJ???

Comment

Originally posted by The3 View Post
                  AJ just beat his IBF mandatory , Usyk is the WBO ,Trevor Bryan is the WBA mandatory , How is that going to get you AJ???
                  Povetkin vs Whyte is or should be for a mandatory position in the WBC, the WBC would have to rule it a final elimination with Whyte which I’m sure they would if Ortiz is involved. That’s one way they can sneak into it .

Assuming the WBC are going by the rules and thinking AJ will defeat Fury could still make a possible AJ fight down the line .
                  Last edited by REDEEMER; 12-27-2020, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                    Povetkin vs Whyte is or should be for a mandatory position in the WBC.

Assuming they are going by the rules and thinking AJ will defeat Fury .
                    He's in a bad spot could be waiting maybe 20 months AJ/Fury/Usyk could all end up in rematches

Comment

Originally posted by The3 View Post
                      He's in a bad spot could be waiting maybe 20 months AJ/Fury/Usyk could all end up in rematches
                      I don’t think anyone will be fighting for any title in 2021 ,in fact they can’t if AJ. Vs Fury is a go . Then Usyk is up, if AJ wins that brings it to almost 2022 .

This is why you never turn down title fights .

Comment

Working...
                      X