Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Smith Says Canelo Began Targeting Left Arm in First Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    9/11 Was an inside job
    it was all canelo, omg

at aged about 10, that ginger menace is much worse than we thought

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
      Hell yeah it is... Sergio Mora was talking to Mannix before the fight and said that's what Canelo need to do. I dont understand why the younger crowd dont do it more often.
      Exactly! Years ago I fought someone who fought like. And my arms were sore for WEEKS. Not that bad swollen but the upper arms were black and blue for awhile. I forgot about that until Canelo did it to Smith. Man you can't even block after awhile lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Doubledagger View Post
        What I don't get is that Mayweather gets hit on his shoulder and elbows from the first round to the twelfth round every single fight and his arms never go dead.

How is this possible?
        erm floyd fights dont all go 12 & he was good at avoiding all shots so less pain

Comment

Originally posted by Songbird View Post
          it was all canelo, omg

at aged about 10, that ginger menace is much worse than we thought
          He should be tarred And feathered.

Comment

Canelo displayed some great old school skills, and actually took a page from Rocky Marciano, who hit taller bigger men on the arms. Marciano did that to bring their guard down, and it was a strategy in addition to brutal body punching.

Canelo is now in his prime, and I have to salute a great fighter. I think even Beterbiev or Bivol would have difficulty beating him, although they would have a fair chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Songbird View Post
              erm floyd fights dont all go 12 & he was good at avoiding all shots so less pain
              Floyd parried the punches even though they landed on his arms & shoulders,that & he also wasn't getting hit by this version of prime 168 Canelos speed(speed makes a fighters power feel like much more,ggg has heavy hands & naturally hits hard but his shots aren't traveling as fast nor catching fighters off guard like Canelos,so even though Gingers hands aren't as heavy,it generates more impact force due to velocity,its basically the difference between 2 bullets traveling at your arm(Canelo) as opposed to someone swinging a hammer at your arm.(ggg)

Floyds opponents warent strong enough & didn't have enough mass to hurt Floyd, he would use footwork to swing his waist in order to make the impact barely push him(parried)

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                Thats old school a lost art.
                Yep.. Arm punches can be debilitating. That might also be what happened to Loma's fragile shoulder. Lopez was punching everything and everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera_ View Post
                  Those shots wouldn't have affected me none. I've been an armchair warrior for years.
                  Hahaha! Best post in awhile...

Comment

Canelo surgically removed his left hook . That’s beast
                    Last edited by Realboxingfan1; 12-21-2020, 04:29 PM.

Comment

This really makes Groves and therefor Froch look very overrated....especially since Ward outboxed Froch so easily. Froch would have never beaten Calzaghe

Comment

Working...
                      X