Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Smith Says Canelo Began Targeting Left Arm in First Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the written language, pyramids, vaccines, the man on the moon, targeting the left arm in boxing, what next??!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      Thats old school a lost art.
      Hell yeah it is... Sergio Mora was talking to Mannix before the fight and said that's what Canelo need to do. I dont understand why the younger crowd dont do it more often.

Comment

Originally posted by RHETOЯIC View Post
        Should've rolled better with the punches and not take the bulk of the damage on one targeted spot.
        It's sort of like the chinese water torture if you touched enough in 1 spot itll began to drive you crazy Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera_ View Post
          Those shots wouldn't have affected me none. I've been an armchair warrior for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
            Hell yeah it is... Sergio Mora was talking to Mannix before the fight and said that's what Canelo need to do. I dont understand why the younger crowd dont do it more often.
            The younger crowd usually doesn't bother to learn the past of the things they do, so that they can find their proper place in the overall history.

Which is a shame. There are a lot of old tactics and strategies that were effective and if revived could catch a lot of opponents by surprise.

And how can you ever hope to be an innovator if you don't first learn what came before?

Comment

Old school

Comment

Originally posted by Songbird View Post
                the written language, pyramids, vaccines, the man on the moon, targeting the left arm in boxing, what next??!!
                9/11 Was an inside job

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                  Canelo with a savage like mean streak Laughed at the arm and asked if its sore and continue the beating. Jesus. Def not f ucking around in there
                  Pissing myself......

Comment

Took a page out of Iron Mike’s book. Every punch landed must hurt or make an impact, regardless of where it lands.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                      I've always wondered about the lack of deliberate arm-punching in boxing. No, they aren't scoring shots, but as we saw in this fight (and a few others, I just can't remember them at this moment), if a fighter hits hard enough, they'll at least hurt like fuck! – and likely get them to drop their guard.

I know Kovalev was told to hit Hopkins on the arms.
                      What I don't get is that Mayweather gets hit on his shoulder and elbows from the first round to the twelfth round every single fight and his arms never go dead.

How is this possible?

I tried the shoulder roll many times in sparring with my bro and friends and it hurts like hell.

Twelf rounds non stop of that?

How?

Comment

Working...
                      X