Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to see a Fury/Joshua fight in April in the Middle-East?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
    ..... rather than seeing Joshua/Usyk in April and Fury/Wilder3 at the same time, then the winners facing off in late summer in a proper event with full attendance?

I think we can wait one more fight for each before the big one, can't we? 3/4 months is FA and flies by.

What do you guys think? Fury/Joshua next or both having one more fight leading into the undisputed?
    I’d rather see it in the UK tbh man, I just think it’s our one chance to have a genuine global super fight on our shores.

Obviously with all this Covid sh** it could be difficult though. If it’s a case of it happening abroad or not happening at all, I’d obviously rather it happen abroad in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      I’d rather see it in the UK tbh man, I just think it’s our one chance to have a genuine global super fight on our shores.

Obviously with all this Covid sh** it could be difficult though. If it’s a case of it happening abroad or not happening at all, I’d obviously rather it happen abroad in that case.
      Money is going to talk in the end

If they can get double the money in Saudi, then everything else is an afterthought really. Too many people involved taking a cut of the money for them to give up
      that money on the table.

Shame though, it would be amazing in the UK. Seems very unlikely though.

It’s just a shame for boxing fans and the sport that we are never going to get mega fights in the places where it’s best for the fans.

Comment

..... rather than seeing Joshua/Usyk in April and Fury/Wilder3 at the same time, then the winners facing off in late summer in a proper event with full attendance?

I think we can wait one more fight for each before the big one, can't we? 3/4 months is FA and flies by.

What do you guys think? Fury/Joshua next or both having one more fight leading into the undisputed?
        No thanks. Too many things can change. I want it now.

Comment

Personally I’m not interested in Fury vs AJ. I know the significance with all the belts on the line but I’m just not into either fighter. It is a big fight in England but wake me up when it’s over.

Comment

If you could 100% guarantee me it works out that way then sure I'd wait until Summer. But boxing is so unpredictable, would prefer to just know for sure it's happening next.

I do have an interest in AJ-Usyk, it's a real good fight but if AJ lost that how many years of rebuilding would he need for us to give him a chance vs Fury? Also can't think of an interesting fight for Fury to take in April while he waits. Half the division is past their best, the other half need more time to develop

Comment

I'd be worried that AJ would lose to Usyk. Not a risk anyone should take! He's about to get bunged an unprecedented amount of step aside money.

Comment

How does it not make sense to wait until the pandemic regulations ease and get more fans in attendance? (more money).

Struggling to wrap my head around that POV.
                Because it’s going to be in the Saudi anyway. There will be plenty of fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  If you could 100% guarantee me it works out that way then sure I'd wait until Summer. But boxing is so unpredictable, would prefer to just know for sure it's happening next.

I do have an interest in AJ-Usyk, it's a real good fight but if AJ lost that how many years of rebuilding would he need for us to give him a chance vs Fury? Also can't think of an interesting fight for Fury to take in April while he waits. Half the division is past their best, the other half need more time to develop
                  He wouldn’t lose to Usyk firstly, secondly if he did there would be a rematch clause and then we will have to wait for that then the WBA would issue their Mandatory. Wow what a messy state of affairs. So the fight needs to be next

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                    Money is going to talk in the end

If they can get double the money in Saudi, then everything else is an afterthought really. Too many people involved taking a cut of the money for them to give up
                    that money on the table.

Shame though, it would be amazing in the UK. Seems very unlikely though.

It’s just a shame for boxing fans and the sport that we are never going to get mega fights in the places where it’s best for the fans.
                    Unfortunately I agree. I think it probably winds up in the Middle East. If it’s in the UK or Vegas I’ll definitely be going but f*** going to Saudi.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                      Unfortunately I agree. I think it probably winds up in the Middle East. If it’s in the UK or Vegas I’ll definitely be going but f*** going to Saudi.
                      Same, don’t see the point in going if you can barely enjoy yourself, relax, or have a few scoops.

I’d definitely try to go to Vegas. I’d even go to Macau or somewhere like that if they did it there. At least you can make a fun trip of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X