Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to see a Fury/Joshua fight in April in the Middle-East?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Depends where the fight is I guess

All signs point to it being in the Middle East. I don’t know what the Covid restrictions will be there in a few months time, but even if it is in the middle east, it shows the fans aren’t really important to the show anyway.

Cant blame them for taking that Saudi money though.
    Well Saudi already have similar restrictions - face masks are mandatory and no big events etc

Knowing that, and how events are shut down basically, I am very happy to wait 4 months extra to get the Fury/Joshua fight on with full attendance.

The "middle-east" will put it on argument is not true, as we do not know what the restrictions will be in April of next year.

Better to have interim fights and then do it when we all know we can do the fight.

Comment

I would want the AJ vs Fury fight next and I could care less where it takes place. I give Usyk almost no chance to beat AJ and having an undisputed heavyweight champion would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
        ..... rather than seeing Joshua/Usyk in April and Fury/Wilder3 at the same time, then the winners facing off in late summer in a proper event with full attendance?

I think we can wait one more fight for each before the big one, can't we? 3/4 months is FA and flies by.

What do you guys think? Fury/Joshua next or both having one more fight leading into the undisputed?
        If guaranteed then of course yes I agree. But it’s not guaranteed and usyk is a bloody tough fight too. Given the choice we would all take the Joshua fury fight and be guaranteed it happens to be honest. But if usyk is announced he is a good enough opponent for me still to want to watch it!

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I would want the AJ vs Fury fight next and I could care less where it takes place. I give Usyk almost no chance to beat AJ and having an undisputed heavyweight champion would be nice.
          If Aj and Fury fight next it will not be for the undisputed as Usyk and the WBO are enforcing the fight.

I really struggle with opinions like yours as it goes against everything I know and what has been reported.

You would have been better off saying "I do not care about belts and want the Fury/Joshua fight next"......... that I can understand.

Usyk and the WBO have been waiting for 2 years.......... if Usyk does not agree to step-aside for 2 fights and wait another year then Joshua has to drop a belt (therefore it won't be undisputed).

I honestly do not care if it is for the belts, I am a Fury fan and I doubt he will even pay the IBF if Joshua goes in with that title... so only Joshua is chasing the "undisputed" and all the belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
            If guaranteed then of course yes I agree. But it’s not guaranteed and usyk is a bloody tough fight too. Given the choice we would all take the Joshua fury fight and be guaranteed it happens to be honest. But if usyk is announced he is a good enough opponent for me still to want to watch it!
            I agree 100%.............. Usyk I rate top 5 p4p........ but he does have serious disadvantages at HW.

I think he takes Joshua 12 rounds in a close fight, so Joshua fighting him is a + on his record for me.

Comment

How is he good enough, it’s a garbage fight. I don’t think Usyk could even beat Whyte never mind Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                If Aj and Fury fight next it will not be for the undisputed as Usyk and the WBO are enforcing the fight.

I really struggle with opinions like yours as it goes against everything I know and what has been reported.

You would have been better off saying "I do not care about belts and want the Fury/Joshua fight next"......... that I can understand.

Usyk and the WBO have been waiting for 2 years.......... if Usyk does not agree to step-aside for 2 fights and wait another year then Joshua has to drop a belt (therefore it won't be undisputed).

I honestly do not care if it is for the belts, I am a Fury fan and I doubt he will even pay the IBF if Joshua goes in with that title... so only Joshua is chasing the "undisputed" and all the belts.
                being undisputed does not matter. lopez isnt undisputed at 135 because he hasnt beaten haney a guy who has never fought a soul. its absurd. its just political banter and there is no reasonable way someone could even maintain undisputed status with so many silly mandatories and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchairhero View Post
                  How is he good enough, it’s a garbage fight. I don’t think Usyk could even beat Whyte never mind Joshua.
                  Usyk is clearly a very capable fighter, he destroyed the cruiser weight division. The unknown is obviously he hasn’t competed at the highest level yet at heavyweight , he beat Chisora though which if you compare to others is as good a resume as most.

Usyk best wins:
                  Chisora
                  Bellew
                  Gassiev
                  Hunter
                  Joyce (note: amateurs)

Wilders best wins:
                  Ortiz
                  Brezeale
                  Stiverne
                  Washington
                  Arreola

Ortiz best wins:
                  Hammer
                  Kauffman
                  Allen
                  Jennings
                  Scott

I won’t go on, but Usyk has a record at least up there with most.

Clearly we all want AJ to fight fury... but beyond fury Usyk is as credible as anyone really.

Comment

Usyk is clearly a very capable fighter, he destroyed the cruiser weight division. The unknown is obviously he hasn’t competed at the highest level yet at heavyweight , he beat Chisora though which if you compare to others is as good a resume as most.

Usyk best wins:
                    Chisora
                    Bellew
                    Gassiev
                    Hunter
                    Joyce (note: amateurs)

Wilders best wins:
                    Ortiz
                    Brezeale
                    Stiverne
                    Washington
                    Arreola

Ortiz best wins:
                    Hammer
                    Kauffman
                    Allen
                    Jennings
                    Scott

I won’t go on, but Usyk has a record at least up there with most.

Clearly we all want AJ to fight fury... but beyond fury Usyk is as credible as anyone really.

I know he jumps the que as he was a champion at cruiser, but for me until he beats a top ten guy he doesn’t deserve anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchairhero View Post
                      I know he jumps the que as he was a champion at cruiser, but for me until he beats a top ten guy he doesn’t deserve anything.
                      Ok then that’s fine except....

Fury fought Wallin and Schwartz.

Wilder fought Brezeale, Ortiz, Stiverne, washington.

Has any of the above beaten any top10 opposition in last few years?

I didn’t bring joshuas resume up because generally his have been stronger (although even the likes of Pulev recent resume isn’t great).

Unfortunately it’s the way it is, Usyk is actually a mandatory rather than a voluntary and I would say his opponents he has beaten is better than every single name I mentioned above.

Comment

Working...
                      X