Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Foreman: If Mike Tyson Has 3 More Exhibitions Like That - I'd Back Him Over Any Contender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson can fight pillow-fisted Usyk. Usyk gonna win but Tyson will look great for his age.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
      Oh the doubters. These are the same doubters that said the same thing when George had to prove them all wrong. They all said the same sh it, ooo he’s crazy, ooo he’llnever win a title again. He made all his doubters eat crow
      No. Just no. Foreman relied on pure power to win. All he had to do was land...Tyson’s style was based on speed, timing, accuracy, reflexes and endurance...all things that inevitably deteriorate with age.
      Foreman’s style gave him longevity that Tysons style couldn’t. I’m a huge Tyson fan, but because I’m not a biased casual I can say he clearly would get DESTROYED by any top 10 and likely get beat by any top 20 fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunitsmith View Post
        Big George is starting the build up for he and Tyson to fight. Throw another youtube bout on the card and they'll rake in a few mil each.
        Foreman is 71

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
          Oh the doubters. These are the same doubters that said the same thing when George had to prove them all wrong. They all said the same sh it, ooo he’s crazy, ooo he’llnever win a title again. He made all his doubters eat crow
          Exactly. Never doubt an atg. Boxing is the sport of willpower. If anyone can do it past 50 its a super charged. Iron willed tyson

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
            Foreman is 71
            lol. i was just messing around. At the same time, i wouldn't be surprised if the right money was offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunitsmith View Post
              lol. i was just messing around. At the same time, i wouldn't be surprised if the right money was offered.
              Finally a fight the sport wouldn't sanction.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Let's not get crazy Big George. I think Tyson looking better than expected gots all kinds of mfers feeling frisky.

Let's take a step back n realize he fought a equally elderly boxer with more miles on him from 2 divisions below him in a 16 minute fight. Fighting Wilder or Whyte or even Helenius is a whole different thing.
                He could not beat Williams and McBride 15 years ago in his very late 30s, got stopped.

I know he's in a better place mentally now but I don't think he would do better as a 50s senior citizen weed smoker than he did in his last "true fights".

So not even talking about Helenius let alone Wilder, I don't think he can beat "friday nights" level fighting HW.

Mike doesn't have it anymore, as you pointed, he just fought an EXHIBITION against a career supermiddleweight/lightheavy.
                Last edited by BillyBoxing; 12-04-2020, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Mike could never get though a training camp clean. He just admitted he smokes weed everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
                    Foremen went right to pro and PROVED himself.

Mike went 8 2 min rds with another old coot who only had ONE HW fight.

Not the same at all

Mike will never do what George did
                    I’ve learned to Never say never. Comes with age and wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
                      No. Just no. Foreman relied on pure power to win. All he had to do was land...Tyson’s style was based on speed, timing, accuracy, reflexes and endurance...all things that inevitably deteriorate with age.
                      Foreman’s style gave him longevity that Tysons style couldn’t. I’m a huge Tyson fan, but because I’m not a biased casual I can say he clearly would get DESTROYED by any top 10 and likely get beat by any top 20 fighter.
                      Have you seen the top 10 and top 20? They are mostly giant flabs of fat. Gigantic tubs of s h I t and goo. Yes Tyson had what you said he had. However what you failed to mention is that he also had tremendous one punch KO power.

It’s extremely easy for him to get back into condition. Hell he’s over half way there. Age has little to do with it. There 60 year old still competing in triathlons. People scoff at things foreign to them. That’s why they dismiss someone that’s aged as if meh no. Throughout his career he didn’t take all that much punishment.

I’ll be the first to say given the state of the HW division and the pigs that sit within it (minus a few) he’d wollop the fat tires a lot carry within the top 20

Comment

Working...
                      X