Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Brook Bout Peaked At 2,078,000 Viewers On ESPN; Averaged 2,029,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Ah come on man, I know you are affiliated with Top Rank, but now turning on Bud???

But yes, they have promoted his fights fine and have given him opportunities to be bigger outside of boxing. However, they have not helped him with the type of fights he's gotten. If Bud can't get certain fights, then there is a cap on how big he can be.
    I am not affiliated with anybody. You cannot deny that Crawford is one of the most bland personalities of any boxer. That is not turning on him. I always enjoy watching him fight but can't stand watching him be interviewed.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
      this guy couldnt draw flies to ****
      Now you know u sound dumb he did great numbers chump

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Haymon View Post
        I am not affiliated with anybody. You cannot deny that Crawford is one of the most bland personalities of any boxer. That is not turning on him. I always enjoy watching him fight but can't stand watching him be interviewed.
        He seems to me to be grounded and has that quite farm boy type personality, today is about hype and plastic its such a fake world, Hagler would be hard to sell today as would Duran and so many other great fighters that had no public entertaining personality.

Back in the day you only had to fight and do the business, today you gotta play no speaka da English or make big noises, many real fighters are are often boring in the eyes of media and public.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
          Now you know u sound dumb he did great numbers chump
          they are terrible numbers for a so called p4p number 1 american figher

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Haymon View Post
            You positive??? Um....Okay, I'll take your word that you aren't affiliated with Top Rank.

Crawford isn't a great interviewer but he still puts up good ratings and is a bad a$$ fighter. Arum shouldn't be taking shots on him the way he has lately. End of the day Crawford is paying Top Rank big promotional fee so it is on them to help make him a bigger name and get him the right fights...Now, I don't disagree one bit that he should do more and that they haven't treated him well with huge purses in largely mismatches.

Comment

The numbers aren't bad at all. The Charlo/Harrison rematch last December did 2.2 million on Fox. As another reference, Porter and Formella did around 700k in August.

Remember that more households have Fox than ESPN (I stream my ESPN via an app).

Crawford doesn't have an electric personality but he seems very comfortable with being himself (a midwest dude with simple pleasures. I'd rather watch him speak and fight any day of the week than watch Broner do the same.

Comment

Despite Arum’s mythology, Crawford is the biggest fight draw for his ESPN partnership.

He is the reason Top Rank is getting paid. His numbers have always been strong despite Top Ranks terrible match making. These idiots on here can’t even tell these are great numbers. Have to spoon feed them everything.

Comment

UFC which swallowed Boxing according to Joe Rogaine.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                    UFC which swallowed Boxing according to Joe Rogaine.

Boxing is slaughtering ufc and I love it. Ufc peaked years ago, it’s devoid of stars now and it sounds like it’s teenage hipster fans have grown out of it. Now if pbc would put more
                    Of its big fights on FOX rather than showtime and PPV it would see 4-8m viewers for fights

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
                      Despite Arum’s mythology, Crawford is the biggest fight draw for his ESPN partnership.

He is the reason Top Rank is getting paid. His numbers have always been strong despite Top Ranks terrible match making. These idiots on here can’t even tell these are great numbers. Have to spoon feed them everything.
                      They know, they just hate it AND want desperately for it to not be true. Dontaeaboxing nation had an excellent video recently on just why TR wants to make certain fighters stars and Crawford doesn’t fit the mold

Comment

Working...
                      X