Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney: Lopez, Davis, Garcia Are Good - But I'm Special!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You sure didn’t look special last Sat night! None of this young fkers are as good as they make themselves to be. I will considered them special when they battle someone that has the same opportunities as them, and this is what I mean. Davis knocks out a guy that had never fought at the weight of 130 before and originally was a 118 lb. Lopez is the same sht! He fights a guy that is a natural 126 lber, mind you Lope is a natural 140 lber. And now the so called special Haney. You looked as ordinary as you can be fighting a washed up guy, who has lost the wdge nore than 5 years ago. Why does Gamboa gets title shot after title shot? Garcia is another one who keeps leaking Canelos balls, but hasn’t showed much of anything. I appreciate the young guns coming up, but please keep
    Your mouths shut and the narcissist attitude to yourselfs.

Comment

Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post
      Time will tell if he is actually a special fighter. For now I see a well-rounded pure boxer who appears to be greater than the sum of his parts. You could argue that he should have stopped Gambia and that’s fair, however I also see a guy who will be difficult to outpoint. My biggest question is how will he respond when someone like Tank applies pressure with heavy shots. Can Haney hit hard enough to keep guys honest? I think Devin would be tricky for Garcia and Teo because they like when guys come to them so they can counter.
      You and I see it exactly the same. Since you said it much better than I would have, I will just piggy back on your analysis.

Comment

*sigh* He’s just another $0.25 Mayweather wannabe. Get in line, kid! Don’t tell us, show us!

Comment

This guy needs to seriously stand down and cope with the criticism, he’s not doing himself any favors by running his mouth without proving it in the ring.

Comment

Boring Haney

His fights are so boring omg
            Please they make u fall
            Asleep

Comment

Originally posted by AASGAA57! View Post
              You sure didn’t look special last Sat night! None of this young fkers are as good as they make themselves to be. I will considered them special when they battle someone that has the same opportunities as them, and this is what I mean. Davis knocks out a guy that had never fought at the weight of 130 before and originally was a 118 lb. Lopez is the same sht! He fights a guy that is a natural 126 lber, mind you Lope is a natural 140 lber. And now the so called special Haney. You looked as ordinary as you can be fighting a washed up guy, who has lost the wdge nore than 5 years ago. Why does Gamboa gets title shot after title shot? Garcia is another one who keeps leaking Canelos balls, but hasn’t showed much of anything. I appreciate the young guns coming up, but please keep
              Your mouths shut and the narcissist attitude to yourselfs.
              Why do people say Loma is a “natural 126 lber?”
              KOd Linares for the title
              Beats Pedraza handily
              KOd Crolla
              Beats Campbell

He fought at LW for TWO YEARS
              Using your logic I guess Manny is a “natural Light Flyweight/Flyweight” even though he hasn’t fought at that weight for 23 years but spent 4 years there.

Comment

I think they all have elite skill and talent...except Garcia. I think he's more of a fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  That's going to be the downfall of this guy.

He fights like he is imitating James Toney, all without the natural ability and boxing IQ of James Toney.

He's rough around the edges right now, very rough but with that Zab Judah like mentality, he's going to get stopped before really starting.
                  Not even though. Toney was amazing inside. Haney just plays it safe boxing from the outside.

Comment

Devin is young and can develop power because he has a very strong work ethic. He may not be the type of knockout artist Tank is, because he's a mover, so he's not sitting down on his shots. That can come later. Tank sits on his punches a lot more, but you see him emerge from his last fight with black eyes and so forth. Devin likes the idea of avoiding shots, and fights with that thought in the front of his mind. So be "boring" for now. Just keep training hard

Comment

I love how loma is just suddenly counted out

big mistake

Comment

Working...
                      X