Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney: Lopez, Davis, Garcia Are Good - But I'm Special!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said, I subscribe to DAZN. But I fell asleep in the middle of that fight. I have to watch the fight again tonight. Because I really wanted to watch him closely. All I can say, is when Tank, Lopez, or even Garcia is on, I’m locked in, must see TV. Even with Floyd, I was locked in because of his record & aura.

Comment

Those fights need to happen to clear it all up.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        If Haney was really special he would have made an emphatic statement against old man Gamboa.

He didn't.
        Exactly this. He has nowhere near the potential of Lopez.

Comment

He needs to fight a legitimate lightweight preferably a former champion first before declaring himself as special I don't see it never have he is a good boxer obviously has the fundamentals he grew up in the Mayweather gym but he has subpar power and is not very entertaining don't see him being a champ anywhere past 140.

Comment

Hell yeah, he is special! special ED!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Undefeated WBC lightweight world champion Devin "The Dream" Haney (25-0, 15 KOs), retained his title on November 7 against former 2004 Olympic Gold medalist and two-time world champion Yuriorkis Gamboa (30-4, 18 KOs) in a dominant performance to secure a lopsided twelve round unanimous decision in Florida.
              [Click Here To Read More]
              Time will tell if he is actually a special fighter. For now I see a well-rounded pure boxer who appears to be greater than the sum of his parts. You could argue that he should have stopped Gambia and that’s fair, however I also see a guy who will be difficult to outpoint. My biggest question is how will he respond when someone like Tank applies pressure with heavy shots. Can Haney hit hard enough to keep guys honest? I think Devin would be tricky for Garcia and Teo because they like when guys come to them so they can counter.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                Those fights need to happen to clear it all up.
                Here are my thoughts on how Haney matches up with his peers:

https://anchor.fm/whollisboxing/epis...weights-em6h8r

Comment

My mom has been telling me I'm special since I was a kid too...

Comment

Special Needs more like what a joke everybody know his fight was boring

Comment

Originally posted by Songbird View Post
                      only time will tell, styles make fights sometimes
                      I agree. Not ready to write him off. He's not a special puncher but he does have some skills.

Defensive minded guys aren't going to look impressive at times. Compare his fight against Mason Menard to that of Teo's and he certainly doesn't rate well between the two but I have a feeling it would be a very tight fight between the two of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X