Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney: Lopez, Davis, Garcia Are Good - But I'm Special!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
    Why do people say Loma is a “natural 126 lber?”
    KOd Linares for the title
    Beats Pedraza handily
    KOd Crolla
    Beats Campbell

He fought at LW for TWO YEARS
    Using your logic I guess Manny is a “natural Light Flyweight/Flyweight” even though he hasn’t fought at that weight for 23 years but spent 4 years there.
    Because Loma has to work hard to keep up that weight. I know a HW who fought at HW his entire amateur career and turned pro and had his first 12 or so fights at HW but was finding it harder and harder to keep the weight on. He eventually had to move down to cruiser.

I am not saying Loma is the same way but if you have to train extra hard just to add the weight that should be saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post
      Time will tell if he is actually a special fighter. For now I see a well-rounded pure boxer who appears to be greater than the sum of his parts. You could argue that he should have stopped Gambia and that’s fair, however I also see a guy who will be difficult to outpoint. My biggest question is how will he respond when someone like Tank applies pressure with heavy shots. Can Haney hit hard enough to keep guys honest? I think Devin would be tricky for Garcia and Teo because they like when guys come to them so they can counter.
      This will only work if he has the proper IQ to know how to manipulate the judges. Floyd was a master of out pointing his opposition because he knew when to clinch. He would bait his opponents into throwing a punch to then counter. Suddenly he is up in the round. If he went up against a hard puncher he would jab then clinch before his opponent could throw a punch. Floyd rarely ever got hit with hard punches.

Haney currently lacks the IQ needed to win by points alone. Your question regarding Haney's power is valid. Does he have a good enough jab to keep people honest?

Comment

Working...
      X