Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Lopez's Future: Garcia and Davis Are Big Fights - Haney is Not!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
    I think Lopez already has 2021 lined up in Arum’s mind

Zepeda early
    Verdejo mid
    Taylor-Ramirez winner late
    It's always about the money, nothing else. For the sake of money Arum doesn't do rematches UNLESS they are against someone NOT in his stable.

Comment

Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
      This is just an acknowledgement that Devin Haney is the most dangerous fighter for Teofimo Lopez to fight.

Just like he was for Lomachenko.

Which is why Haney was sidestepped for the WBC belt. Then avoided by Lomachenko (as a mandatory challenger) late last year when they petitioned for the WBC franchise belt.

Let's see what Teofimo Lopez does. And let's see how much DAZN offers him to fight Haney.

I'm guessing they need to put up $10-15 million.
      Devin Haney has always been the single most dangerous for Tank and Arum's entire stable. Styles make fights and Haney has the right style to stink out fight after fight.

BTW, Arum will never allows Haney in the ring with his stable.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
        It's always about the money, nothing else. For the sake of money Arum doesn't do rematches UNLESS they are against someone NOT in his stable.
        Arum will be open for Lopez and Loma rematch. He’ll be all in for a trilogy too in case Loma wins. But with Tank, Garcia and Haney? I don’t think Bob wants any part of it.

Even Haney himself said, Loma wants to fight him too but his management doesn’t. Lopez himself called out Haney. But with Bob, it ain’t happening.

Comment

Well Davis dismissed him before. Why would he entertain him now?

If Loma stays @ 135 and if Arum will not hold him, he’ll take on that ‘avoided man’
          Well you make a good point. But Devin Haney is a bad style for Vasily, and the 'Regular' WBC title does not force a fight with the 'Franchise' champion. But beating 'Tank' would make Lomachenko the mandatory for the WBA-Super-welterweight champ.

I got to check where Lomachenko is ranked by the sanctioning bodies, I'm thinking he will be in a good spot to challenge for the : IBF, WBA, WBO titles held by Teo or whoever is due a shot -- Lopez might vacate by moving on to jr. welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            Well you make a good point. But Devin Haney is a bad style for Vasily, and the 'Regular' WBC title does not force a fight with the 'Franchise' champion. But beating 'Tank' would make Lomachenko the mandatory for the WBA-Super-welterweight champ.

I got to check where Lomachenko is ranked by the sanctioning bodies, I'm thinking he will be in a good spot to challenge for the : IBF, WBA, WBO titles held by Teo or whoever is due a shot -- Lopez might vacate by moving on to jr. welterweight.
            This will be my guess - Loma will be fighting for the WBO belt. Lopez will vacate all the belts, making Tank and Haney full champs.

I think we’re gonna see another LW unifications again

Comment

This is Arum. It’s not about belts or being undisputted. It’s all about $$$ and big stage fights. I would even be surprised if he risks Lopez against Tank or Garcia since there’re from different stable.

Lopez vs Haney will be a pipedream

Loma vs Haney is a more possibility
              Hmm Loma V Haney and if Loma wins he tries to dangle that carrot in from of Lopez for a rematch?

Comment

This will be my guess - Loma will be fighting for the WBO belt. Lopez will vacate all the belts, making Tank and Haney full champs.

I think we’re gonna see another LW unifications again
                The notion of Devin Haney being full-champ is hilarious, so Lopez vacating the lightweight division makes Haney two-time full WBC champ without ever vacating it or losing it in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                  Well here we go again. Teo v Haney is for undisputed and we have another American based promoter talking it down for personal reasons.

Its not fighter v fighter it's promoter v promoter and if Arum is worried that another promoters fighter can relieve his fighter of belts he doesn't want to make the fight.

Haney v Lopez is clearly a good fight which should happen. But old timer Bob don't want it just incase it's a win for Eddie Hearn. PATHETIC.
                  Lopez is already undisputed bro, everyone knows Haney’s “title” was BS meant absolutely nothing.

Comment

I agree with Arum completely. Haney has good management behind him but has failed to reach an audience because his resume is absolute garbage. We don't know how good he is and beating a washed up, injury prone Gamboa (his first test) will not reveal much either.

Ryan has a much bigger following and is actually taking steps to fight stiffer competition.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                      The notion of Devin Haney being full-champ is hilarious, so Lopez vacating the lightweight division makes Haney two-time full WBC champ without ever vacating it or losing it in the ring
                      Well, it is what it is you know. This ‘Franchise’ is a WBC thing ....

Comment

Working...
                      X