Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Lopez's Future: Garcia and Davis Are Big Fights - Haney is Not!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
    Well I sort of agree. Loma was the man to beat, he was the legitimate WBC champ done the right way. I'm far from a fan of all this franchise crap.

But I don't like the fact we are guna call ppl undisputed without having the real WBC belt in their possession and on top of that I think the best fight to be made in the division right now is Lopez v Haney.
    Franchise belt is not and has never been part if the undisputed. I hate where fans follow org blindly. I respect both loma and lopez for taking that fight but in all sincerity, he is not undisputed till he beats Haney.
    Like it or not, Haney is the real wbc champ.

Comment

Let the ducking begin!!!

Comment

Remember when Arum told Haney that he signed with the wrong promoter?

He's obviously still holding that grudge.

Comment

Originally posted by JonDelPrado View Post
          I thought he might be talking about Mickey Garcia (although they dislike one another). Ryan Garcia really? That’s just how boxing operates, one step below wwe. Garcia hasn’t earned it or even proven himself against a real opponent. Heck, I would even go as far as to say he’s not likely to get past Campbell.
          Nah fam Ryan will destroy Campbell. People overated Campbell just coz he gave Loma a tough time. Loma is overated, thats why he struggled and that's why he lost to Lopez.

I seen people name Pedraza as one of Lomachenko’s top opponents because Loma had a tough time with him, the same people who called Pedraza a bum when he was destroyed by Tank Davis prior to fighting Loma.

Watch the space. Garcia will destroy Campbell.

Ko within seven rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
            This is Arum. It’s not about belts or being undisputted. It’s all about $$$ and big stage fights. I would even be surprised if he risks Lopez against Tank or Garcia since there’re from different stable.

Lopez vs Haney will be a pipedream

Loma vs Haney is a more possibility
            If Lopez doesn’t fight either of Lomachenko or Haney, it would make sense for Loma and Haney to fight each other in the meantime.

I feel like a win for either would elevate them enough to get big fight for Haney or to get ANOTHER big fight for Loma if he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
              Your whole argument is moot because Devin Haney has NOT fought better competition than Ryan Garcia and if Garcia beats Campbell, he is definitely a more suitable opponent for Lopez than Haney. GTFOH with that BS. You don't even believe that garbage. As Arum said, he also isn't as big a draw as Garcia or Davis. Although that shouldn't dictate whether a fight happens or not, money is always a factor. There are much more viable options for Lopez. Just like Robert Garcia said, Haney doesn't really want Lopez right now and neither does Ryan Garcia. Do you hear them calling out Teo? Who did Haney fight again for his totally legitimate world title? I rest my case.
              Does Luke Campbell beat Devin Haney? Is Haney the WBC lightweight champion?

Comment

Originally posted by CauliflowerEars View Post
                Here's where people confuse fact for opinion. The fact is that Loma dropped that belt. It's of your opinion regarding the reason and motivation for doing so. Did you talk to Loma's team at some point and were told personal details ? Because what was reported and what was consistent with Loma's plan all along, is that he wanted the IBF Title.

Look, when someone wants all 4 belts, which is considered UNDISPUTED CHAMPION, they can only fight one guy at a time. If the IBF would have offered some type of "Franchise Belt", then maybe Loma would have taken that and fought Haney. But no, WBC came up with this which enabled Loma to go after Undisputed.
                Loma was "afraid of and consciously navigated to, avoid Devin Haney" ? Do you hear how that sounds ? His goal for years publically has been to unify all the titles. He wanted the IBF belt, then Tank, then Haney , then maybe Garcia. Who are we to determine the order ?
                That's how they got it to work out, the IBF first. Trying to get into someone else's head, that you've never personally met, is a moot cause. Any determination on why a fighter goes a certain direction, is purely speculation/opinion, NOT facts. If Loma came out and publically announced that he preferred LOPEZ before Haney, THEN we could say, "It's fact that he said that" - Since he didn't say that, to say otherwise is not only calling the guy a coward but a liar and/or bullshit artist. Which again, would just be an OPINION and not a fact.

I know you are an intelligent person. At least that's my opinion based on what I've seen. You know the difference between facts and speculations, I know you do. - - & BTW there is not a thing wrong with having your said speculations. You are totally entitled and I can respect yours. But I personally cannot find in print where it's reported that Loma said the reason he dropped the WBC super title was that he was afraid of and avoiding Mr. Devin Haney.

I submit all this with no desire other than to see good fights. I would loooove to see Loma or Lopez vs Haney. I also understand that the "champs" can only fight one guy at a time, so their team must come up with an approach. Agreed ????
                I will state facts for you to digest.

Fact 1 - WBC president Mauricio Suilaman has made multiple statements that Top Rank on behalf of Loma requested to be named franchise champion.

Fact 2 - At the time of the request Devin Haney was the WBC mandatory and required next fight for Loma.

Fact 3 - As franchise champion Loma was no longer obligated to fight Haney and was free to pursue the IBF belt AFTER the Lopez Commey fight.

Fact 4 - I never commented that Loma was "afraid" of Haney. He swerved him for his own reasons. What those reasons are I will let you argue with other people about.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                  I will state facts for you to digest.

Fact 1 - WBC president Mauricio Suilaman has made multiple statements that Top Rank on behalf of Loma requested to be named franchise champion.
                  Fact 2 - At the time of the request Devin Haney was the WBC mandatory and required next fight for Loma.
                  Fact 3 - As franchise champion Loma was no longer obligated to fight Haney and was free to pursue the IBF belt AFTER the Lopez Commey fight.
                  Fact 4 - I never commented that Loma was "afraid" of Haney. He swerved him for his own reasons. What those reasons are I will let you argue with other people about.
                  Man I'm not on here to argue or even debate opposite opinions. I generally allow anyone to have any opinions they care to. I have about 30-60 minutes per week to contribute to this site and my comments are far and few between. You can check out my history to get an idea of my content. I admit I am far, far from the most knowledgeable person here.

That being said, your reply clarified nearly everything I referred to, satisfactorily. If those are the facts you're certain of and you're not saying Loma was "afraid" , then yeah I agree with ya. I may have erroneously grouped you in with a different faction of NSB, that hold Loma in quite low regard.
                  IRT to Loma's reasons for taking the route he did, I don't really have time to, or care to, go round and round with anyone. Whatever opinion one has, so be it.
                  Though I am thankful that we got the Lopez/Lomachenko fight, had some controversy, and have the possibility for bigger fights in the division.
                  (We all know all of the sanctioning bodies and plethora of belts is bunch of B/S and chaos. I just try and enjoy the best I can.)

Comment

Working...
                  X