Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Lopez's Future: Garcia and Davis Are Big Fights - Haney is Not!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silver Spear View Post
    Hmm Loma V Haney and if Loma wins he tries to dangle that carrot in from of Lopez for a rematch?
    If they won’t have a direct rematch, I think we can forget about that now, unless Loma would be willing to follow Lopez @ 140. Loma has to move on from Lopez imo. There are better match-ups for him

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
      Well, it is what it is you know. This ‘Franchise’ is a WBC thing ....
      I thought about your idea of Vasily going the WBO route for another crack at it, this month ( October ) is not yet available but here are the WBO lightweight rankings for last month ( September ).
      • 1 Lee Selby UK
        2 Ryan Garcia USA
        3 Denys Berinchyk (International) UKR
        4 Emmanuel Tagoe GHA
        5 George Kambosos, Jr. AUST
        6 Jorge Linares VEN
        7 James Tennyson UK
        8 Shuichiro Yoshino (Asia-Pacific) JPN
        9 Liam Walsh (WBO Europe) UK

Selby-Kamboso are fighting in a IBF title eliminator. Garcia is fighting Campbell in a WBC title eliminator, and Linares was suppose to fight Javier Fortuna for the WBC lightweight 'Diamond' title :

so #1. ( Selby ), #2. ( Garcia ) #5. ( Kambosos ) and #6. ( Linares ) are likely out of the picture. Emmanuel Tagoe is still waiting on a WBO final eliminator, he was due vs. Ryan Garcia but the Instagram champ is fighting Luke Campbell.

So Emmanuel Tagoe and the 2012 Silver medalist Denys Berinchyk could be up next, but I got a feeling that Vasily will slide ahead of Berinchyk in the rankings to take on Tagoe in a final eliminator. Lomachenko should take on the African, its a soft-touch as he comes back from shoulder-injury and places him in a mandatory position.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        DAZN needs Haney vs. Garcia in a BIG way, now that Canelo is suing them!
        That's definitely a good fight to see who rises & who falls off a lil. I feel like this fight will be sidestepped doe. Hope I'm wrong. Whoever wins definitely makes a good big fight opponent for Teo if Teo is staying at 135 awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          I thought about your idea of Vasily going the WBO route for another crack at it, this month ( October ) is not yet available but here are the WBO lightweight rankings for last month ( September ).
          • 1 Lee Selby UK
            2 Ryan Garcia USA
            3 Denys Berinchyk (International) UKR
            4 Emmanuel Tagoe GHA
            5 George Kambosos, Jr. AUST
            6 Jorge Linares VEN
            7 James Tennyson UK
            8 Shuichiro Yoshino (Asia-Pacific) JPN
            9 Liam Walsh (WBO Europe) UK

Selby-Kamboso are fighting in a IBF title eliminator. Garcia is fighting Campbell in a WBC title eliminator, and Linares was suppose to fight Javier Fortuna for the WBC lightweight 'Diamond' title :

so #1. ( Selby ), #2. ( Garcia ) #5. ( Kambosos ) and #6. ( Linares ) are likely out of the picture. Emmanuel Tagoe is still waiting on a WBO final eliminator, he was due vs. Ryan Garcia but the Instagram champ is fighting Luke Campbell.

So Emmanuel Tagoe and the 2012 Silver medalist Denys Berinchyk could be up next, but I got a feeling that Vasily will slide ahead of Berinchyk in the rankings to take on Tagoe in a final eliminator. Lomachenko should take on the African, its a soft-touch as he comes back from shoulder-injury and places him in a mandatory position.
          Great research you have in there!!! Sounds reasonable

Either of them would be a good comeback fight for a top fighter coming out from a loss. And if Ryan decides to evade Haney, I think this will be the route he's going as Loma's 1st title defense. WBO wouldn't mind installing Garcia as the WBO #1 ranked contender after Campbell lol

Edit: Assuming Lopez vacates all the titles by then. I don't think WBO enforces strict mandatory challenges anyway
          Last edited by Ca$ual Fan; 10-26-2020, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I don’t think some of you guys understand what public demand is

Comment

The easiest fight to make is the one that doesn't happen. that's Lopez vs Haney. i knew Robert would find away to eff it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
                If they won’t have a direct rematch, I think we can forget about that now, unless Loma would be willing to follow Lopez @ 140. Loma has to move on from Lopez imo. There are better match-ups for him
                Ya it is hard to see Lopez staying at 135 much longer but if he moves up he will run into the problem with taller and bigger fighters which he has already publicly stated he wants to avoid. Lopez will have to naturally move up or it will hurt him in the long run pushing himself harder to make weight.

If the immediate rematch or sometime late next year is off the table then I agree Loma moves on and tries his shot again at unifying at 135 or 130. I really only see Loma fighting for another 2-3 years max and that is being generous.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  That's definitely a good fight to see who rises & who falls off a lil. I feel like this fight will be sidestepped doe. Hope I'm wrong. Whoever wins definitely makes a good big fight opponent for Teo if Teo is staying at 135 awhile.
                  I don't think Teo stays @135 past his next fight, especially if he can go straight to a title fight @ 140! Haney (5'9") and Kingry (5'10") will eventually be at 140 anyway! Tank is the fight to make now!

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                    The easiest fight to make is the one that doesn't happen. that's Lopez vs Haney. i knew Robert would find away to eff it up.
                    The easiest fight to make is Haney vs. Kingry on DAZN!

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                      Lopez is already undisputed bro, everyone knows Haney’s “title” was BS meant absolutely nothing.
                      Well I sort of agree. Loma was the man to beat, he was the legitimate WBC champ done the right way. I'm far from a fan of all this franchise crap.

But I don't like the fact we are guna call ppl undisputed without having the real WBC belt in their possession and on top of that I think the best fight to be made in the division right now is Lopez v Haney.

Comment

Working...
                      X