Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Lopez's Future: Garcia and Davis Are Big Fights - Haney is Not!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan has a lot of fans but how many paying fans does it has. If he can cash in on his popularity it makes it a big fight.

Besides of fast hands I have not seen him really shine. His match making has made him look better than he actually is. Once he beats some legit opponents then we talk.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
      Because that’d be a real shocker if tank beat Santa Cruz easily and really set up that fight with Lopez with such a statement victory
      No not a shocker in the least but that doesnt mean he should allow it to be a fight. If he destroys him as he should STATEMENT MADE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        You already know! Not quite Fury vs. Wilder, because no foreign money, but might just be on same level with Spence vs. Crawford! Can you imagine the push from ESPN?
        Old Bob would salivate trying promote that and Floyd well he is just Floyd his face sells still so it could be a HUGE event Lol

Comment

I thought he might be talking about Mickey Garcia (although they dislike one another). Ryan Garcia really? That’s just how boxing operates, one step below wwe. Garcia hasn’t earned it or even proven himself against a real opponent. Heck, I would even go as far as to say he’s not likely to get past Campbell.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Ryan ain't a big fight yet either.

Ryan & Devin are both potential big fights right now. And Devin is the more compelling fight til we see what Ryan can do vs Luke.

Tank vs Teo is the only big fight that could happen next at 135.
            DAZN needs Haney vs. Garcia in a BIG way, now that Canelo is suing them!

Comment

Bob Arum is and always will be business man 1st

Dollars make sense to Bob, but the sport is being ruined with all this time in between fights and fighters with 20 fights being called great! Their not even fighting but twice a dam year we don’t even know them and yet they are great! The sport is being ruined by politics and greed. So even at dam near 90 this MF’er won’t change.

Comment

He's not wrong there, I mean what else has Haney done so far except having a couple of alright sparring sessions?

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
                  Old Bob would salivate trying promote that and Floyd well he is just Floyd his face sells still so it could be a HUGE event Lol
                  Definitely PPV worthy! They still need to stack the card!

Comment

Lopez should fight Linares in February and Verdejo in June.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                      So Ryan Garcia is worthy of a shot, in spite the fact that hes only participating in a WBC lightweight title eliminator against Luke Campbell, but the actual champion, Devin the 'Dream' Haney is not a 'Big' fight?

The cause for this backward-thinking and political manipulation is due to that overraed-Euro-Bum, Vasily Lomachenko. Mandatories, are sometimes a good thing, in this instance it certainly would be. Unfortunately, the 'Franchise' champ does not have such obligations.

I just hope that Teo, who's been vocal about his questionable 'undisputed' title, will not hide behind the benefits of the title in question ( Franchise belt ). Lopez just spoke against Gervonta Davis for facing a proven multi-weight champion in Leo Santa Cruz, so I think that he would be contradicting himself by fighting a unproven-scrub in Ryan Garcia, over the actual WBC lightweight champ.

Lopez senior has said that they are about moving forward not backwards, if they fight a contender for the WBC lightweight title, over the real-champ, thats two-steps backwards.
                      This is Arum. It’s not about belts or being undisputted. It’s all about $$$ and big stage fights. I would even be surprised if he risks Lopez against Tank or Garcia since there’re from different stable.

Lopez vs Haney will be a pipedream

Loma vs Haney is a more possibility

Comment

Working...
                      X