• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    Loma is an overachiever

T-Rex arms with a huge torso. Big target with a small shield

And Loma still did well for himself
    Would you agree that Rocky Marciano and Andre Ward similarly overachieved for having a t-rex body?

I’m impressed with how they managed to beat bigger and faster boxers. I’d rate them higher than Loma but similar in body type.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      Dwight Muhammad Qawi. He was 5'07" with a 71" reach at Light Heavy Weight
      Qawi is one of my alltime favorites, but that’s still a pretty decent reach for a 5’7” body. Not sure if he’d be considered someone with a t-rex body.

Comment

My pick for best overall physique: any fighter with long arms and a lean but sturdy build with well defined muscles and strong, quick legs. Some that come to mind are Lennox Lewis, the Klitschkos, the Charlos, and Tommy Hearns.

There’s also a great physique type for taking punches: those guys that have thick necks almost as wide as their heads, and giant, ugly blockheads that look like a wrecking ball set on top of a stocky body with a rather small torso and stubby legs. It’s a weird, funny looking body type but I knew guys like that in my job at a criminal mental ward that worked as guards and psa’s and they could jump in there and weather quite the storm without taking too much damage. One of those guys saved my skin once, no joke. Examples in boxing that come to mind are David Tua, Juan Manuel Marquez and Oliver McCall.

Worst body type is hard to say, because the worst body types never make it to a high level of boxing. But I’d say any extremes regarding weight would cause problems (either extremely lean or obese).

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          Loma is an overachiever

T-Rex arms with a huge torso. Big target with a small shield

And Loma still did well for himself
          He wears his trunks low, so it appears more prevalent. He’s one of the few fighters who wears his trunks below his bellybutton.

Comment

mike tysons neck
            Wilders shoulders
            Furys arms
            Joshuas back
            Mayweathers torso
            Ali's legs and feet

Comment

imagine shawn porter was 6'0 with that style lol

game over

Comment

There are no rules. Mike Tyson had terrible physique for boxer, on paper, but he did it pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  Montell Griffin and Shawn Porter both had/have disadvantaged physiques.
                  in what way?

Comment

Working...
                  X