Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On a scale of 1-10, rate Floyd Mayweather's win against Cotto.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
    Same result, overrated cotto fought the best but never beat them.unless they Handicapped like Martinez & Foreman..damaged eye Margarito(thanks manny)..drained geale 3 lbs..trout beat a supposed prime cotto, trout
    ..porfavor
    You have a point Cotto was over rated but Floyd still fought damage goods Cotto

Comment

A solid 8......

Comment

Of course pasawayako and two other guys with weird anime names would rate a 2 and 1 lol

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
          Of course pasawayako and two other guys with weird anime names would rate a 2 and 1 lol

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
            A solid 8......
            Right. That’s where I put it. I’ve always hated how much the term “prime” is thrown around. If Tyson’s “Prime” can be when he was 21yrs old how does that compute in the algorithm of things? Floyd is older than Cotto but he’s the one that dragged in Cotto unto old age? Do people understand how hard it is to get two fighters to supposedly be in their prime to fight eachother by any metric? Fights are usually worth more later in fighters careers. If Floyd had a “prime” window is that allowed to be longer than other fighters window? Or my definition every fight has a moment where there were their best? Even if they are still great before and after? Floyd switching to the uppercut and having Cotto wobbled late was a testament to his ring IQ. I watched both fighters come up. It’s the paradox of it being a tough fight works against or for you. Backing up your Solid Eight all day.

Comment

I'm going to go with a solid 7. Which would put it as a "good" HOF win due to Cotto's age and losses at the time. Yes, Mayweather was older, and past prime himself. But had not lost a fight and was always seen as much better than any version of Cotto by anyone who knew anything about boxing and styles.

Of course, anyone else, not named Pacquiao, beating that version of Cotto, that would probably be their best win.

Cotto is a 7 on Mayweather's resume. For anyone else that is a golden win, 10/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
                Right. That’s where I put it. I’ve always hated how much the term “prime” is thrown around. If Tyson’s “Prime” can be when he was 21yrs old how does that compute in the algorithm of things? Floyd is older than Cotto but he’s the one that dragged in Cotto unto old age? Do people understand how hard it is to get two fighters to supposedly be in their prime to fight eachother by any metric? Fights are usually worth more later in fighters careers. If Floyd had a “prime” window is that allowed to be longer than other fighters window? Or my definition every fight has a moment where there were their best? Even if they are still great before and after? Floyd switching to the uppercut and having Cotto wobbled late was a testament to his ring IQ. I watched both fighters come up. It’s the paradox of it being a tough fight works against or for you. Backing up your Solid Eight all day.
                All day........

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  I'm going to go with a solid 7. Which would put it as a "good" HOF win due to Cotto's age and losses at the time. Yes, Mayweather was older, and past prime himself. But had not lost a fight and was always seen as much better than any version of Cotto by anyone who knew anything about boxing and styles.

Of course, anyone else, not named Pacquiao, beating that version of Cotto, that would probably be their best win.

Cotto is a 7 on Mayweather's resume. For anyone else that is a golden win, 10/10.
                  I would have been a Pac fan had he beaten up Cotto minus a clause OR at lease rematch him without one.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
                    I would have been a Pac fan had he beaten up Cotto minus a clause OR at lease rematch him without one.
                    I feel like neither Mayweather or Pacquiao fought a 100% Cotto. Roach picked Cotto after Cotto lost to Margarito, beat Jennings, and arguably lost to Clottey. So Roach/Pac were picking on a vulnerable version of Cotto and forced him down to 145lbs. Literally forced. Cotto rejected the catchweight and was forced down or relinquish the belt.

He had somewhat of a resurgence at 154 and made his way to #1 JMW by The Ring, as well as winning a title there and defending it. Problem is between Pacquiao and Mayweather he had Foreman, Mayorga and Margarito II. So his resurgence wasn’t against anyone who was all that.

I will say though, that Cotto’s run after Mayweather was good. I had him fighting to a draw vs Trout, but his destruction of the favored Sergio Martinez, who fans were saying even a Martinez at 50% would beat Cotto, was impressive. His fights vs Geale, Canelo and Ali were also good even though he lost to Canelo and Ali. It’s good Cotto retired after that fight because Ali was someone he would have KO’ed if he was 100%. But winning The Ring title vs Martinez at 160, that was pretty impressive. I would say that was actually his biggest accomplishment and the biggest accomplishment. He fought well vs Canelo too, just came up short.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      I feel like neither Mayweather or Pacquiao fought a 100% Cotto. Roach picked Cotto after Cotto lost to Margarito, beat Jennings, and arguably lost to Clottey. So Roach/Pac were picking on a vulnerable version of Cotto and forced him down to 145lbs. Literally forced. Cotto rejected the catchweight and was forced down or relinquish the belt.

He had somewhat of a resurgence at 154 and made his way to #1 JMW by The Ring, as well as winning a title there and defending it. Problem is between Pacquiao and Mayweather he had Foreman, Mayorga and Margarito II. So his resurgence wasn’t against anyone who was all that.

I will say though, that Cotto’s run after Mayweather was good. I had him fighting to a draw vs Trout, but his destruction of the favored Sergio Martinez, who fans were saying even a Martinez at 50% would beat Cotto, was impressive. His fights vs Geale, Canelo and Ali were also good even though he lost to Canelo and Ali. It’s good Cotto retired after that fight because Ali was someone he would have KO’ed if he was 100%. But winning The Ring title vs Martinez at 160, that was pretty impressive. I would say that was actually his biggest accomplishment and the biggest accomplishment. He fought well vs Canelo too, just came up short.
                      I don't like the way Pac handles his business. OK, he's a shot caller. Just don't be so obvious to those who don't worship his every move.

Comment

Working...
                      X