Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis Boots In The Door Of Welterweight Title Contention

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vergil Ortiz vs Boots Ennis is going to be a Cinco De Mayo MEGA FIGHT in 4-5 Years

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
      I don't think balance is lacking, more he was up against a guy who although noticeably slower was also quite athletic - if that makes sense. Ennis maybe has to be flashier in the ring too so that he makes up for lack of promotional push.
      This is my thoughts lack of a contract with a PBC, TR or, Matchroom type promotional outfit is holding him back. I see flaws in his game but at 23 not many considering his lack of big name fighters. Boots has to be flashy and make a statement in every fight in order to push for title contention.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
        I don't think balance is lacking, more he was up against a guy who although noticeably slower was also quite athletic - if that makes sense. Ennis maybe has to be flashier in the ring too so that he makes up for lack of promotional push.
        I think taking some decent fights would help more than the “flash”. Really telling me his team can;t get some Granados, Lartei, Ronald Cruz, Samuel Vargas, Alejandro Barrera, Ocampo type opponents? Don’t believe it. Guy will be 30 an 0 soon having fought mostly midgets and all super bums.

I think the real cause here is they are being very careful with him. I thought they were taking a step up with Abreu, which I guess they were, but ofcourse the guy has to be “fresh out of prison” and out of shape. So you know they got a guy gathering information. His team for sure aren’t looking for the top welterweights with the way they’re moving him. It’s for promotional reasons.
        Last edited by SplitSecond; 09-21-2020, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Kid must step up, fight some guys like Samuel Vargas, Redkach, Ray Robinson, Collazo, Formella, Zewski, that level.

After that he will be ready for next level.

Comment

Lets face it.
            The only reason anyone has even heard of this guy is because the cucks on this site and the malcolm x clone breadman.
            With the way they pick their guys they had four choices.

Stevenson, Wank Davis, Fanny and Boots P**is.
            Stevenson doesn’t do the ghetto trash talk or have face tats or looks like he raps so hes immediately out. So that leaves the protected trifecta.

Vacuum nose Haney’s out too cause hes with Hearn who has no idea about matchmaking and will likely get him upset.

So that leaves Davis and Boots.

Davis, the midget spanish slayer, and Boots, the warrior who went toe to toe with the russian midget.
            (A lot of midgets with these guys, almost like insurance for when they're getting blasted in the face repeatedly so they dont get knocked out cold)

Basically theyre both safe choices. They will both be paper titlists dragging up spanish name midgets to prop up blm. Boxingscene will rejoice and Breadman will continue to ***** and moan every year Boots deservedly doesnt get prospect of the year because the higher powers “prefer latins”.
            lol

Comment

The fact of the matter is kid is 26-0 at 23. Whether bums or not he should be in title eliminators soon. I remember Spence fighting mostly bums himself not all to long ago. Boots needs names now, former Champions preferably even If his promotion has to overpay to get them into the ring, If they really believe he's the goods the money will come back 10X, thats the biggest problem for him right now is opponents want crazy money but sometimes u got to pay to play when you not with major promotion. If that don't work might as well start calling for Ortiz now both having trouble finding credible opponents.
              Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 09-21-2020, 08:23 AM.

Comment

The hate already starting to roll in so that means he is on the right Path!

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  The hate already starting to roll in so that means he is on the right Path!
                  What hate? People, aren’t sold on Boots just like they aren’t sold on Berlanga b/c the level of opposition they face so far isn’t even B level. Anybody can look good against bums and line cooks is a different story when you start fighting actual contenders that’s when you know you have something special. Don’t be blinded by the hype let’s see him face a dude in shape that wasn’t coming off a prison stint before we start crowning him the next big thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
                    What hate? People, aren’t sold on Boots just like they aren’t sold on Berlanga b/c the level of opposition they face so far isn’t even B level. Anybody can look good against bums and line cooks is a different story when you start fighting actual contenders that’s when you know you have something special. Don’t be blinded by the hype let’s see him face a dude in shape that wasn’t coming off a prison stint before we start crowning him the next big thing.
                    Yeah, kid looks great, but everybody looks great fighting low level opposition. he must face some guys I mentioned in my previous post.

Comment

Calm down folks.
                      He is here to stay.
                      He is unorthodox, flashy, has power, ring IQ..all wrapped into one.
                      The WW division has a real THREAT in the making.
                      Just line them up and watch BOOTS shine.

I can see it already....every one of his performance is going to be nitpicked to death, deserved or undeserved.

Stay tuned.
                      Last edited by slimPickings; 09-21-2020, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X