Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Katie Taylor Decisions Delfine Persoon in Fireworks Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Katie Taylor Decisions Delfine Persoon in Fireworks Rematch

    Katie Taylor retained her undisputed world lightweight titles with a unanimous points decision over Delfine Persoon after another close and brutal encounter on Eddie Hearn's Fight Camp show in Essex.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    Persoon said Taylor deserved to win. I agree with her.

    Comment


    • #3
      This one was closer than the first and Taylor boxed better than last time, but she still got outworked and outlanded in most rounds. I had it 6-4 for Persoon and I really strained to find four rounds to give Taylor. Pretty disgusting how biased the Matchroom commentary always seems to be in favor of Taylor.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BlackR0bbb View Post
        This one was closer than the first and Taylor boxed better than last time, but she still got outworked and outlanded in most rounds. I had it 6-4 for Persoon and I really strained to find four rounds to give Taylor. Pretty disgusting how biased the Matchroom commentary always seems to be in favor of Taylor.
        Interesting. Very interesting.

        I didn't see it closer. At all. But that's just me

        Comment


        • #5
          I know Amanda is kicking herself in the ass with both feet for not somehow taking this fight, even for short money. I see absolutely no way Katie survives Serrano because Amanda doesn't miss wide with her shots like Persoon does and Amanda is much better technically too. Lou Dibella and Serrano's brother-in-law are clowns for not taking this fight. They let Weasel Eddie's shenanigans get to them, but justice was served in the Whyte-Povetkin fight.

          Comment


          • #6
            Once again Taylor is the better skilled operator but the work rate of Persoon is hard to handld.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Interesting. Very interesting.

              I didn't see it closer. At all. But that's just me
              Elaborate. Taylor boxed better this time around, but was still outworked, but like most Canelo fights, if she lands 1-2 "WOW" shots in a round, the judges are paid to give her that round. To get a fair shake, Persoon needed to drop her at least once or twice, but female boxers simply don't generate that kind of mustard on their punches.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BlackR0bbb View Post
                Elaborate. Taylor boxed better this time around, but was still outworked, but like most Canelo fights, if she lands 1-2 "WOW" shots in a round, the judges are paid to give her that round. To get a fair shake, Persoon needed to drop her at least once or twice, but female boxers simply don't generate that kind of mustard on their punches.
                You're scoring based on Persoon marching forward. Not on the facts that

                - Most of her shots missed or were deflected
                - Taylor was precision accurate
                - Taylor actually was able to knock Persoon back this time
                - Taylor dictated the terms of the match by not overly engaging this time


                You're punishing Taylor because she didn't stand and trade. That's not the way the sweet science works.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Persoon beat Taylor twice. Facts

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I wonder if observers on here understand boxing sometimes. So easily enchanted by banal offerings like ‘work rate ’ and fighters moving forward swinging. Persoon barely landed a glove most rounds. Don’t be so fooled just because it looks action packed

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP