Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Made Floyd Hard to Knockdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great defense and overall awareness. He got clipped by a good shot here and there but that happens to everybody. What he did not let happen was let himself get hit with combinations or run into anything.

Comment

Mostly due to his style of clinching excessively and avoiding combat.

Comment

Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
        And the dude has a granite chin. Across 5 weight classes he fought some bangers and been stunned before but never a KD. Some people point to Judah but that was clearly just an off balance thing.

Dude was a beast
        Dude he doesn’t have a granite chin. In order to do so you have to get tested and Floyd was never really tested. His defense and reflexes were amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
          - -Racism a modern term invented thousands of years after boxing was birthed in its various itinerations still going today.

It's become a crutch used by sissies throwing hissy fits when they're whooped. See first Ali/Frazier fight.

U boy used it when he announced his retirement in the middle of his Oscar rematch saying he wouldn't work for the slave wages Oscar and HBO were paying him, $20mil.

Came crawling back to Oscar and HBO for $5mil vs Marquez that the IRS seized. I don't make this shhh up, he did and U did.

Thanks for the reminder!
          Didn't read pass something about racism being a modern...wha-?
          I don't entertain racists trying hard to twist up some nonsensical dribble like you just failed at. Now like I said, don't let me catch you again. Or we're finna do this every time. Tighten up. Fix yourself. Cut the BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
            Dude he doesn’t have a granite chin. In order to do so you have to get tested and Floyd was never really tested. His defense and reflexes were amazing.
            not granite since we didn’t see the limit of his chin

Definitely iron I think.

Floyd fought the best fighters and would have gone down at least once from being hurt if he isn’t iron chin hero

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- -We already knew U blind as as 3 blind mice and dum as two posts nailed together.

Why U gotta rub it in?
              Is there anything incorrect about what he posted?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                not granite since we didn’t see the limit of his chin

Definitely iron I think.

Floyd fought the best fighters and would have gone down at least once from being hurt if he isn’t iron chin hero
                He can take a punch he isn’t Amir khan but to say it’s granite is a huge stretch.
                Granite chins are GGG canelo but floyd come on
                And it’s not a knock on him either it’s more of a credit to his skills

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  He can take a punch he isn’t Amir khan but to say it’s granite is a huge stretch.
                  Granite chins are GGG canelo but floyd come on
                  And it’s not a knock on him either it’s more of a credit to his skills
                  Yes aN 8 out of 10 chin

Floyd would cover up and go on the defensive immediately whenever he was hurt by a shot

Could have been defensive responsibility or could have been no granite chin that just brushes off hard shots

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                    Rarely got caught clean with punches he didn’t see, and he had a much sturdier frame and chin than people gave him credit for. Even the Judah thing was only a potential technical knock(referee’s discretion) down because he used his glove to maintain his balance. I think the knee he took against Castillo due to his shoulder was the only official knock down of his career. He was never actually knocked off of his feet.
                    If your glove hits the canvas, it is a KD if it came from a punch

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
                      If your glove hits the canvas, it is a KD if it came from a punch
                      No sht dumbfk?

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                      ha! when you're(stupid fk lol) argument is based on assigning beliefs to others, you've lost.

"leapt to troll you here" doe. definitely couldn't have just randomly been looking at a thread to find you not knowing wtf you're talking about. of course you don't like that version of events.
                      I clearly know what I’m talking about despite getting some details in my initial post wrong which I had no problem acknowledging. My assessment of floyd and the overall point of my post was correct.

You quoting me just to nitpick on details after 2 other posters had already pointed out the mistakes, without even addressing the topic of the thread speaks itself alt right boy.

Comment

Working...
                      X