Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Atlas: Wilder Doesn't Know How To Fight; Exposed Again For No Fundamentals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
    Atlas always goes too far with the hating. Even after Mike Tyson apologized for making ***ual advances to his family member, he still claims Mike had never been in a real fight that he actually won.

But what the *** has Teddy done is what I'm asking ???

The goofball Stephen A Smith and others refer to Atlas as HOF coach Teddy Atlas. But I'm so befuddled by this generous accolade, mainly because he almost coached "The Nail" right into a coffin.
    Totally agree. Teddy is WAYYYYYY overrated as a coach, and even more as a commentator (looping the same 5 licks endlessly " location location location, pressure busts pipes, bad neighbourhood, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Chandler View Post
      Wouldn’t the reason be Fury ? I don’t think it’s rocket science really,when does Wilder leave you with the impression of wow what a great display of skill ? Imop he looks poor in every fight he’s had if it went past round 1.
      It might be partly Fury but for me Wilder looked gassed and slow. Even the commentators saying he looked exhausted early in the fight, Wilder never gasses normally he is a small HW. I think if Fury thinks that was the best Wilder then he in for a shock in the 3rd fight - win or lose.

Comment

Wilder said he don't need skills as he's got power? But you need skills to defend your weak chin

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
          It might be partly Fury but for me Wilder looked gassed and slow. Even the commentators saying he looked exhausted early in the fight, Wilder never gasses normally he is a small HW. I think if Fury thinks that was the best Wilder then he in for a shock in the 3rd fight - win or lose.
          Wilder looked gassed and slow because Fury put a beating on him.

He looked slow because every time he threw something he was getting countered so he became hesitant. I don't think he was slow, he just tired very quickly of hitting nothing but air and getting nailed hard in return. This could have been easily negated if he had any real boxing skills or a corner that told him to throw feints and vary his shot selection and angles to make him more difficult to get counters off on.

He was gassed because every time he whiffed and Fury nailed him, his instinct was to clinch, so Fury just leaned all of his weight on him. This could also have been easily negated if he had any real boxing skills or a decent corner to instruct him to either get on his bike or let his hands go.

Every thing you describe can be very easily countered, he just doesn't have the skills or the corner to be able to do anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by d00m10rd View Post
            Wilder looked gassed and slow because Fury put a beating on him.

He looked slow because every time he threw something he was getting countered so he became hesitant. I don't think he was slow, he just tired very quickly of hitting nothing but air and getting nailed hard in return. This could have been easily negated if he had any real boxing skills or a corner that told him to throw feints and vary his shot selection and angles to make him more difficult to get counters off on.

He was gassed because every time he whiffed and Fury nailed him, his instinct was to clinch, so Fury just leaned all of his weight on him. This could also have been easily negated if he had any real boxing skills or a decent corner to instruct him to either get on his bike or let his hands go.

Every thing you describe can be very easily countered, he just doesn't have the skills or the corner to be able to do anything about it.
            I don't buy it. Fighters don't get gassed that early. It wasn't that much of a beating at that point either. Wilder was far more active and missing wildly in the first fight and he didn't look tired until he did that celebration dance in the 12th that fight.

Well find out in the next fight. But we'll see if Fury runs from the rematch first. Guy has never defended a belt...

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
              Read Atlas' biography (several years ago). The scar is from a street altercation when he was around 19. Some guy sliced his face half off with a knife. What ever the altercation was I bet it ended right there.
              I say that phony bas tard atlas cut himself so he would look tough

Comment

Originally posted by nacho daddy View Post
                I say that phony bas tard atlas cut himself so he would look tough
                No, I believe the story the way he told it and he certainly lost that fight. Teddy, to me, comes across as being a little too much emotionally attached to what he says. Kinda of like my wife in that if she says it it has to be true even though it doesn't make a lot of sense

Comment

wilders style works well against a lot of people and boxing needs KO's, same with kovalev and they are both pretty rich i would say, not bad

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                    Fury already out boxed Wilder at the worst he can get the first fight, this ones a wrap with a middle aged thirty year old not long ago saying skills don’t matter .

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Chandler View Post
                      Fury already out boxed Wilder at the worst he can get the first fight, this ones a wrap with a middle aged thirty year old not long ago saying skills don’t matter .
                      In the first fight Fury was lucky to be on his feet at the end. I back Fury to win the 3rd fight but I think its 70/30 in Fury's favour. Wilder has a sizeable chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X