Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Will Boxing Follow The NBA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once a virus that could kill the Illuminati crypt keepers running the country shows up, everything shuts down.
    Last edited by TheMyspaceDayz; 03-12-2020, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
      Not sure why my post upset you so much lol.

And it's you're* dude come on...if you are going to come at someone from a position of superiority, you need to at least get stuff like that right...I actually have done really well for myself...have been taking advantage of the dips in the market and probably will tomorrow and in the days to come as well.

Maybe you are a master of panic like Stan Van Gundy, but I am not my friend.

Please explain btw why this virus is such a big deal, and why particularly it is affecting you as well? You must be really special for it to seek you out buddy

Yeah people are panicking man...monkey see - monkey do...the best way forward in stuff like this is similar to what happened after 9-11...you have to keep living your life without fear and maintain some sense of normalcy...over-reacting to stuff like this is just terrible practice really.

As I said, most who even get this will be completely fine...and I mean like 99% of those who get it will be fine, without any help.

"Most folks that are infected with this virus will have a mild disease — won't need to come to the hospital, won't have to be admitted," Diaz said.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/doctor...shington-state

People are overreacting and in 2 weeks I would bet that everyone will realize how much they over-reacted...we will see I suppose.

I think the money-thing comes in btw because business don't want to get sued...so that's why they are taking this stance...the media hyped it up and forced their hand.
      THATS what i am talking about!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
        ...and if you can have it for such a long period of time with no symptoms, it isn't really that bad is it? Especially when you can recover from it on your own, and 999/1000 that get it will be completely fine with no real medications needed.

It's like the flu, just worse for people who are already compromised...not fun but overblown...society should not stop for this, it's dumb.
        Erring on the side of safety and health is never overblown nor inappropriate. Very foolish take of yours. Gamble with your own life but don't selfishly out others at risk when you do so.

Comment

You can choose to do this the Wuhan way -- shut everything down as quickly as you can and stop its exponential spread.

Or you can do it the Italian way -- shut things down bit by bit in sequence, thus allowing the virus to continue to spread exponentially.

Cases are exploding. The US doesn't even have enough kits to test people properly. The true number of cases is likely 10 or 20 times higher than the confirmed cases.

If you are crazy enough to shut down nothing, then it spreads exponentiallly every couple of days. Today's 100,000 confirmed cases will be 200,000 by Saturday, and then 400,000 on Monday... and in just one week it's up to well over a million. Another week later, it's maybe 10 million. A week after that, it's maybe 100 million. And so on.

20% of people need hospitalisation.

How many hospital beds do you think there are available at once?

You will see what they had in Wuhan before they contained it -- people lying in hospital corridors, unattended.

The mortality rate will be worse if the health system collapses.

With the current mortality rate of 3.4%, you are talking millions dead if you let it spread without restriction.

Comment

And mark my words, by next week, US interest rates will be at zero. The Federal Reserve is crapping itself over this.

Comment

Damn March Madness got cancelled too. I'm feeling like the May Canelo fight will be a casualty of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                The death rate is actually 6%. 6% of the US Population is 19.5 million. Not a big deal though.
                Use stats homie. Seeing 2.3% by CDC

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
                  You can choose to do this the Wuhan way -- shut everything down as quickly as you can and stop its exponential spread.

Or you can do it the Italian way -- shut things down bit by bit in sequence, thus allowing the virus to continue to spread exponentially.

Cases are exploding. The US doesn't even have enough kits to test people properly. The true number of cases is likely 10 or 20 times higher than the confirmed cases.

If you are crazy enough to shut down nothing, then it spreads exponentiallly every couple of days. Today's 100,000 confirmed cases will be 200,000 by Saturday, and then 400,000 on Monday... and in just one week it's up to well over a million. Another week later, it's maybe 10 million. A week after that, it's maybe 100 million. And so on.

20% of people need hospitalisation.

How many hospital beds do you think there are available at once?

You will see what they had in Wuhan before they contained it -- people lying in hospital corridors, unattended.

The mortality rate will be worse if the health system collapses.

With the current mortality rate of 3.4%, you are talking millions dead if you let it spread without restriction.
                  lol this is complete bull****. "THE WORRRLD IS GOIING TO ENDD OMAAAGGAAWDD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
                    THATS what i am talking about!!!
                    Just wish I had more money

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    Erring on the side of safety and health is never overblown nor inappropriate. Very foolish take of yours. Gamble with your own life but don't selfishly out others at risk when you do so.
                    What are you talking about, in relation to what I said lol? Obviously the virus/situation should be taken seriously...but it also doesn't mean that everyone should panic and over-react, and that that countries should shut down entire parts of their economies as result.

Panicking and over-reacting will only exacerbate any issues like this...and on the bold...that makes 0 sense man...people can make a choice themselves if they want to go out and live their life..they are taking any 'risk' there themselves...I'm not purposely contracting the virus, and then going to people's houses and making them let me in and breathing on them lol...so on the bold, that makes 0 sense.

I know this may be a bit of a foreign concept to you in the UK...but I believe in freedom...which means people should be able to make their own choices here, and not be overly dependent on the gov't to solve problems for them, problems that the gov't often times creates or exacerbates.

The gov't has a role here, and taking precautions is good...but in general people should be going out and living their lives as normally as possible...if you feel at risk for contracting the disease, then take precautions and live a more solitary lifestyle...trying to force everyone else to do that because you feel scared is a totalitarian type move, and pretty sad tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                      lol this is complete bull****. "THE WORRRLD IS GOIING TO ENDD OMAAAGGAAWDD!!!
                      I could be wrong...been wrong before...but in 2 weeks, everything will basically be back to normal I bet...and all the chicken littles will forget about how they said the sky was falling.

Comment

Working...
                      X