Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Macklin Does Not See Wilder Making Adjustments Like Joshua Did

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayCho View Post
    Curious to know what adjustment you think he made for Ortiz?
    Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
    His Fans always talk about these adjustments but no one is brave enough to clarify them. A Wilder fan did suggest to me that Wilder should bite Fury’s nose off to even the odds but I’m not sure if he was serious or emotional
    Fan? Far from it. I think he was an entirely manufactured champion. Not many have been more vocal than me on how weak a Champion he was.

But in terms of adjustments for Ortiz he fought a very different style. He basically accepted his weaknesses (he can't box) and came up with the game plan to beat Ortiz, who should really have finished him first time around. He didn't engage whatsoever. He gave up on any kind of scoring, and he backed himself to eventually manoeuvre Ortiz into position so he could knock him out.

Ortiz looked pretty good. I think if Wilder had come in to fight then he would have been in trouble. As it was he just got outboxed without any damage.

That's an adjustment, and like it or not, he got the win.
    Last edited by Toffee; 03-09-2020, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Ortiz was schooling Wilder in the rematch before the KO. "Adjustments" is not a word I would ever associate with Wilder. he should've fired his atrocious trainers long ago. Breland and Deas are incompetent. how can they have the most powerful puncher in history and not develop him not even one bit. not one inch.. nothing.

Comment

If Beyonce Broner wears a lighter costume and goes with a shorter ring walk those are the best adjustments he can make.

Comment

Wilder has to move his feet to have any chance at all. Don’t let himself get mauled and swing for the fences. I think he can do that.

Not saying that wins it but he at least gives himself a chance. It isn’t possible to turn himself into a completely new fighter that boxes Fury and wins a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
            There's a difference btw AJ and that One-Trick Phony. AJ is a "true champion" and they can adapt to anything.
            One-Trick Phony was just a paper chump.
            Fury bounced Wilder like a basketball. Someone needs to make a gif with Curry dribbling and Furys face on curry's and Wilders face on the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
              Joshua showed what he had to do in the first fight. Even after getting clocked he easily won a round after the 3rd (think it was the 5th), by simply moving. He won the first 2, by simply moving. The fat wasn’t Ruiz’ issue, it was obvious in the first fight.

Wilder showed very little. He could hit Fury when Fury laid back awhile and gave him time to set up a right hand, but when Fury upped the pace, Wilder couldn’t keep up, couldn’t stay reactive and was consistently and constantly kept out of position. The fight ends for Wilder after he lands that final big right hand at the end of rd 2 and Fury rushes him, the pace after that right hand was too much for Wilder.

So what can he do to keep Fury outside? There are ways, but Wilder didn’t show them. Maybe learn how to hang inside a bit better to last enough for more chances at catching lightning?
              I’m always a fan of the jab to the body. It’s hard to just push through a shot in the bread basket. Eventually try a hard right over the top after he’s used to bringing his hands down to block. Fury’s upper body movement is great, the right will still be hard to land, but Wilder might be able to pot shot those tummy punches if Fury is more worried about something coming after it upstairs. Or jab to the head but send a hard right to the body? Can Wilder even do that? I mean if he can at least hurt someone to the body like he can do the head it’d be something. Sorta like in mma where they mix up the low and high kicks, get someone to duck into something or lift up. The guy needs more options to hurt someone. He needs to add wrinkles. A manilla ice if you will.

Comment

Working...
              X