Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Macklin Does Not See Wilder Making Adjustments Like Joshua Did

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fury is an A level fighter, Ruiz is B level. So it’s harder to make successful adjustments vs a higher caliber fighter.

It was easier for AJ because he had two choices, go to war again, or use his considerable height/reach advantage to stay outside.

Wilder does not have a height/reach advantage over Fury, so that option isn’t there.

If Wilder miraculously decides to box, that’s not a given win. His better chance is to bulk up 40lbs and be the same size as Fury so he won’t get grappled and headlocked so easily again.

Comment

Anyone remember what happened when Apollo Creed told his corner to not throw in the towel? They should have thrown it in anyway and Creed would still be with us today.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Fury is an A level fighter, Ruiz is B level. So it’s harder to make successful adjustments vs a higher caliber fighter.

It was easier for AJ because he had two choices, go to war again, or use his considerable height/reach advantage to stay outside.

Wilder does not have a height/reach advantage over Fury, so that option isn’t there.

If Wilder miraculously decides to box, that’s not a given win. His better chance is to bulk up 40lbs and be the same size as Fury so he won’t get grappled and headlocked so easily again.
        I think Wilder needs to lose weight and go for it more but in a sensible way. Ever since he boxed all calm against Oritz he has been too patient. Wilder is all about speed and power not about boxing and waiting

Comment

I completely agree with Macklin's theory. I actually wanted Wilder to win the last fight but Fury was well prepared. I watched (Wilder) used haymakers but it never came or possibly Fury snuffed them out. I see Wilder as a one trick pony unfortunately. He is strong, strong, and strong.... That is his weapon. That was always his weapon of choice and he took advantage of other boxers with his height and power until he met Fury... To me, Wilder has to change his approach and use his skills and technique to outbox Fury. I don't know if it's little too late or he can pull a rabbit out of his hat and show the world in July that he is a champion. Be like PAC and adapt!!!

Comment

I see two adjustments that will

Get him back on top.

1. New trainer with great basics

2. Leave that dam woman at home every time you fight.

I’m just saying

Comment

Just to be clear, I don't want Wilder to fight Fury a third time; however, Wilder doesn't care what I think, so fans are trying to assess Wilder's chances and strategy for the third fight.

Assuming that Fury properly prepares for this fight, and isn't ill or injured, and in-fact remains highly motivated, and once again enters the ring as the taller, heavier, stronger, more skilled and fanatically aggressive boxer, what can Wilder to do to assure a win? Frankly, I don't know. I do want to point out the fits that Lyle Alzado gave Muhammad Ali in their July 1979 exhibition (Denver, CO), and that Alzado used his superior strength and weight to bully Ali throughout the exhibition. That exhibition wasn't a Mayweather vs McGregor (Floyd carrying McGregor to give fans a show before punching McGregor at will and rendering McGregor helpless), instead the Ali vs Alzado exhibition was proof positive that a semi-skilled, in shape, far stronger and heavier opponent could give a not so well conditioned, considerably weaker, lighter, yet still highly skilled Muhammad Ali all he wanted and then some. To this day, I cannot watch this exhibition without being upset at what happened, and I believe that if Ali were not significantly lighter and weaker than Alzado that the exhibition would not have been such an embarrassment to Ali.

So, back to Wilder vs Fury: Assuming that Wilder enters the fight still possessing his one punch KO power, what else does he need to even up the odds? I say that he cannot count on being able to (at a lighter weight of any amount) evade Fury throughout the fight and somehow knock out Fury cold. As I see it, Wilder must gain significant functional strength and weight (because he sure isn't going to be able to count on having the ref keep Fury off of him the entire fight) to keep from being bullied about the ring as he was in the February 22 fight. In-fact, I'd prepare Wilder (in part) by having him work as many rounds as necessary tying up against larger powerful opponents and learning to grapple them - shoving, pulling, twisting, holding/squeezing, and then punching/slapping/striking them as effectively as he possibly can in hopes that Fury will once again seek to bully him in this third fight too - rather than Fury employing his skills to straight out box Wilder absent any bullying or fouls.

As for the slapping, Fury provided a fine example of how Wilder can make better use of his left (than he has done so far) by repeatedly using the heel of his left hand to strike and hurt Wilder in the February 22 fight. Is it legal? No, but as it is effective, and it is much, much easier to land than a legal closed fist (which is why Fury slapped rather than punched) then Wilder must have it in his arsenal too. Once again, I don't want Wilder to take this fight (I'd prefer that he'd retire), but this is how I believe that Wilder must prepare for Fury if he (Wilder) is to have a chance of winning.
              Last edited by LoadedWraps; 03-09-2020, 10:25 PM. Reason: You needed paragraph breaks like Wilder needs fundamentals

Comment

Fury vs. Wilder III

Fury is a battleship
                Wilder is a frigate

Comment

Originally posted by FratzSS View Post
                  Fury is a battleship
                  Wilder is a frigate
                  It looked to me like a Show Pony VS a Shire horse.

Comment

Wilder will come in better shape for the 3 rd fight and might last another 6 minutes of battery by Fury...BumSquad gets TKO'd again round 9...

Comment

Easy to adjust when your fighting the shortest fattest Mexican blimp the world has ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                      X