No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo, Saunders Reach Terms For May 2 At T-Mobile Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    How's that going to make a difference? Lemieux's style was made for Saunders.
    Maybe Canelo’s is too. Canelo has slow feet, which isn’t ideal against Saunders.

Obviously Canelo is levels above Lemiuex, but so was BJS.

I think it’s an interesting fight. The only problem is i don’t think Canelo can stop Saunders and vice versa. I think it’ll be a fight with a lot of nothing/close rounds, and then we know Canelo gets the decision.

I believe Billy Joe can outbox and outmove Canelo and give him problems, i just don’t know if Billy Joe has the style to be assertive enough to get a decision over Canelo and his judges.

I’ve said for years that Billy Joe arguably beats Canelo. But Canelo wins by controversial decision.

It won’t be an exciting fight.

But only 8 weeks to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
      https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...joe-saunders-2

It’s official. Shout out to Callum Smith’s team and their excellent “negotiating” skills and losing the fight and career payday.
      Smith is the big loser here. If Canelo fights GGG in Sept as they are reporting then Smith can't even say well I will try to get that fight after May. Canelo offered him and these other168 title holders the fight simply because with him fighting jumping 2 weight at 175 he didn't want to rush back down to 160 his next fight and he wanted to grab a title at 168. If he beats Saunders then he will have a full belt at 168 if he stays at 168 he will just fight guys at 160 and tell them to move up to fight him. Or he goes back down to 160 and fights Murata, GGG, Andrade, Charlo no need to fight Smith or any of the 168 belt holders. He isn't unifying the 168 belts he's fighting whoever he wants at whatever weight he feels best at. Smith had the winning lottery ticket and flushed it down the toilet.

Smith probably now has to rematch Ryder who everyone thinks already beat him and do it for a fraction of the money Canelo offered.

Comment

Who would of thought it, Saunders actually stepping up. He can do his nasal spray and Canelo can eat his tainted beef

Comment

How's that going to make a difference? Lemieux's style was made for Saunders.
          It still was the best version of Saunders I've seen to date

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            Maybe Canelo’s is too. Canelo has slow feet, which isn’t ideal against Saunders.

Obviously Canelo is levels above Lemiuex, but so was BJS.

I think it’s an interesting fight. The only problem is i don’t think Canelo can stop Saunders and vice versa. I think it’ll be a fight with a lot of nothing/close rounds, and then we know Canelo gets the decision.

I believe Billy Joe can outbox and outmove Canelo and give him problems, i just don’t know if Billy Joe has the style to be assertive enough to get a decision over Canelo and his judges.

I’ve said for years that Billy Joe arguably beats Canelo. But Canelo wins by controversial decision.

It won’t be an exciting fight.

But only 8 weeks to find out.
            Billy looks like **** at this weight though. And like you mentioned, you need to KO Canelo to beat him. BJ ain't that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
              https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...joe-saunders-2

It’s official. Shout out to Callum Smith’s team and their excellent “negotiating” skills and losing the fight and career payday.
              it was anounced monday night at the knockout show on espn mexico... they even reported canelos plans of fighting ggg on september and murata on december, all that before DAZN came up with the info...
              Last edited by icha; 03-05-2020, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Billy looks like **** at this weight though. And like you mentioned, you need to KO Canelo to beat him. BJ ain't that guy.
                Yeah, but also BJS hasn’t fought anyone good at the weight.

He raises and lowers his levels, like Fury. He has all his career. You will see a far better Saunders v Canelo, 100%.

But you’re right, Saunders won’t stop Canelo, and even if he wins more rounds, which isn’t out of the question stylistically, it won’t be assertive enough to win a decision. It’d be close rounds.

Also, Davison is his trainer. Davison doesn’t really train to be more attacking.

Anyway, if the best Saunders turns up, it’s an interesting fight.

Comment

Find a single post from me where I've said anything remotely nice about Saunders.
                  I doubt he will. You know how I feel about Canelo.

I don’t like either guy personally. It would be a decent fight but yeah...the buildup would make me sick haha
                  He won’t react at all. The little diva likely won’t even be at the press conferences. It’ll be BJS throwing barbs at ODLH, and it’ll make old fans like myself wish that Oscar was fighting instead.

Remember GGG/Canelo 2? “Gennady offended me!! No face off! No press conferences!!”
                  “I’m so offended I will move mountains, lose belts and paychecks to not fight you!”
                  Keepin it “100?” Lol

Comment

A featherfisted runner more concerned with his escape route than actually dealing damage. Expect a UD with a whole lot of crying afterward. Smith would have stayed in the center of the ring looking to throw heat. Oscar and Alvarez knew that.
                    Last edited by Mister Wolf; 03-05-2020, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                      Yeah, but also BJS hasn’t fought anyone good at the weight.

He raises and lowers his levels, like Fury. He has all his career. You will see a far better Saunders v Canelo, 100%.

But you’re right, Saunders won’t stop Canelo, and even if he wins more rounds, which isn’t out of the question stylistically, it won’t be assertive enough to win a decision. It’d be close rounds.

Also, Davison is his trainer. Davison doesn’t really train to be more attacking.

Anyway, if the best Saunders turns up, it’s an interesting fight.
                      BJS never been on Canelo’s level. It’d be Josh Kelly talking smack that he beats Crawford. Kelly is flashy as fook. Watch his movement v BJs. It’s when you get in the ring with real dogs all that flashy shet ain’t present, especially when the best counterpuncher in the game is present

Comment

Working...
                      X