No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo, Saunders Reach Terms For May 2 At T-Mobile Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Maybe Canelo’s is too. Canelo has slow feet, which isn’t ideal against Saunders.

Obviously Canelo is levels above Lemiuex, but so was BJS.

I think it’s an interesting fight. The only problem is i don’t think Canelo can stop Saunders and vice versa. I think it’ll be a fight with a lot of nothing/close rounds, and then we know Canelo gets the decision.

I believe Billy Joe can outbox and outmove Canelo and give him problems, i just don’t know if Billy Joe has the style to be assertive enough to get a decision over Canelo and his judges.

I’ve said for years that Billy Joe arguably beats Canelo. But Canelo wins by controversial decision.

It won’t be an exciting fight.

But only 8 weeks to find out.
    Have you seen Saunders last fight which he was losing to a scrub before the stoppage. Saunders hasn't looked good in any fight since he got popped with PED Nasal Spray. Saunders at his best doesn't do anything Canelo hasn't seen before where as Saunders has never fought anyone like Canelo or his level. Canelo has fought movers before. Canelo will come forward go to to the body land clean punches and if Saunders runs just to survive and stay away from exchanges he will be booed, lose a decision then cry robbery. If he actually comes to try to win and fights he will get stopped.

For all the talk about Saunders being "slick" he get's hit a lot. He is not that elusive elite defensive fighter he has good legs but B and C class fighters land a lot on him and they don't have the hand speed, timing and accuracy that Canelo has. Unless he is in constant retreat he'll get hit a lot by Canelo and I believe stopped. If a scrub like Coceres can land almost 100 power punches and double him up in power punches a elite Canelo will have no issues landing.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      Have you seen Saunders last fight which he was losing to a scrub before the stoppage. Saunders hasn't looked good in any fight since he got popped with PED Nasal Spray. Saunders at his best doesn't do anything Canelo hasn't seen before where as Saunders has never fought anyone like Canelo or his level. Canelo has fought movers before. Canelo will come forward go to to the body land clean punches and if Saunders runs just to survive and stay away from exchanges he will be booed, lose a decision then cry robbery. If he actually comes to try to win and fights he will get stopped.

For all the talk about Saunders being "slick" he get's hit a lot. He is not that elusive elite defensive fighter he has good legs but B and C class fighters land a lot on him and they don't have the hand speed, timing and accuracy that Canelo has. Unless he is in constant retreat he'll get hit a lot by Canelo and I believe stopped. If a scrub like Coceres can land almost 100 power punches and double him up in power punches a elite Canelo will have no issues landing.

As i said, don’t judge Saunders on his performances against “scrubs” he lowers his level. Like Fury against guys like Wallin.

Come back here on May 2nd and it’ll be full of posts that Saunders probably got robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I guess we found out who took the smallest purse between BJS and Callum.

Beat me to it!

Comment

BJS is going to have to talk trash or something because this fights does NOTHING for me

Easy Work for Canelo! BJS could make it interesting if he gets back to the BJS that made David Lemieux look silly but I think Canelo chops him down to the body. BJS always kinda looks soft in the Mid Section and Canelo is a nasty body puncher

GGG at 168 in September I'm thinking

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            If he keeps making fighters wait longer each year, eventually he's going to be picking his opponents out of the crowd.
            Good one! Or better yet @ Walmart like ggg

Comment

Saunders isn't knocking Canelo out so you know what that means. He has 0 chance of winning cause he's not getting a decision over Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                Have you seen Saunders last fight which he was losing to a scrub before the stoppage. Saunders hasn't looked good in any fight since he got popped with PED Nasal Spray. Saunders at his best doesn't do anything Canelo hasn't seen before where as Saunders has never fought anyone like Canelo or his level. Canelo has fought movers before. Canelo will come forward go to to the body land clean punches and if Saunders runs just to survive and stay away from exchanges he will be booed, lose a decision then cry robbery. If he actually comes to fight and comes to win he will get stopped.

In order to be "slick" you need to be able to use your elusiveness to attack as well as defend. Your slickness allows you to stay in punching range attacking while also avoiding the return fire. Saunders is a "runner" and like you said even when he does that he still gets hit. This fight is a fart in the wind.

Comment

Hahahahahahahaha

Gotta love Canelo haters.

He doesn’t doesn’t face a certain fighter “ canelo ducking he scared” he then faces that fighter “ garbage fight canelo cherry picking” lol

You can’t make that ****tt up these haters really have mental issues.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                    https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...joe-saunders-2

It’s official. Shout out to Callum Smith’s team and their excellent “negotiating” skills and losing the fight and career payday.
                    It's about time and yes, Callum Smith missed out on a great opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                      A featherfisted runner more concerned with his escape route than actually dealing damage. Expect a UD with a whole lot of crying afterward. Smith would have stayed in the center of the ring looking to throw heat. Oscar and Alvarez knew that.
                      I agree Style wise Smith would be more action and entertaining because Smith will come to fight and not run and stink up the joint like Saunders will. But Smith was offered the fight and turned it down. And at least Saunders won his last fight nobody thinks Smith beat Ryder. lol Saunders is the better trash talker to sell the fight but will then look like a bytch stinking it up. Smith won't sell the fight but will show up to fight but fans will complain that Ryder is the real champ. Fans will complain that Canelo should of fought the other guy regardless who got the fight. But truth is neither guy is beating Canelo lol

Comment

Working...
                      X