Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo, Saunders Reach Terms For May 2 At T-Mobile Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo, Saunders Reach Terms For May 2 At T-Mobile Arena

Saul Canelo' Alvarez has finally made his choice. The three-division titlist and pound-for-pound entrant has settled on unbeaten super middleweight titlist Billy Joe Saunders as his next opponent, multiple sources have confirmed to BoxingScene.com. The two will collide May 2 live on DAZN from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, in celebration of Cinco de Mayo weekend and with Saunders' 168-pound title at stake.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It’s official. Shout out to Callum Smith’s team and their excellent “negotiating” skills and losing the fight and career payday.
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 03-05-2020, 04:13 PM.

garbage fight.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      garbage fight.
      Lol.

Your dumbass was always parading “but Saunders would give Canelo problems” or BJS’s performance against Lemeiux had you guys sweating boners. Now you’re different

Comment

I want the Saunders that showed up against Lemieux for this fight.

Comment

I guess we found out who took the smallest purse between BJS and Callum.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
            Lol.

Your dumbass was always parading “but Saunders would give Canelo problems” or BJS’s performance against Lemeiux had you guys sweating boners. Now you’re different
            Find a single post from me where I've said anything remotely nice about Saunders.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
              I want the Saunders that showed up against Lemieux for this fight.
              How's that going to make a difference? Lemieux's style was made for Saunders.

Comment

Well, considering the fight is less than nine weeks away it better be.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  I guess we found out who took the smallest purse between BJS and Callum.
                  Callum and Joe Gallagher have avoided a few big fights.

Let’s not forget, they never even wanted to fight Billy Joe. When Warren made them an offer, there was no counter offer. Warren even welcomed them to make an offer to fight on Sky/Match room, but they just ran away from the fight.

Saunders has signed to fight GGG twice before and always wanted the Canelo fight. He simply wanted what he felt was a fair amount, when other fighters were getting $12m to fight Canelo, then he was right to hold out for more than $6m. That’s negotiation. A lot of people may not like Saunders and have good reason, but i think he’s been serious about wanting Canelo and GGG. I don’t think Smith truly did.

Anyway, good fight i think. We’ll get a very motivated Saunders. Stylistically it’ll give Canelo things to think about that he hasn’t had to in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Well, considering the fight is less than nine weeks away it better be.
                    If he keeps making fighters wait longer each year, eventually he's going to be picking his opponents out of the crowd.

Comment

Working...
                    X