Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Drops Deontay Wilder Twice, Stops Him in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRONCHINHAGLER
    replied
    Wilder and his power so overrated!! One quality win over a old, slow Ortiz....the rest were cans that any top hw of the present and past would Ko!! Bumsquad and his excuses were so weak afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• Kannabis Kid
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack Rivers View Post
    Great fight. Not what i expected which makes it better... I wish wilder would have not been that guy after he lost, then leave his trainer and manager to talk after the fight... I remember him talking ill of another certain boxer when they lost...

So does this put the top three as fury, joshua then wilder?
    He was probably at the hospital dude his eardrum looked to be ruptured after the first knockdown. What can I say except well done to Tyson Fury did something I didn't think he could although there was some rabbits punches he took the fight to Wilder and connected with a lot of clean solid shots his equilibrium was shot after the 3rd round they could've stopped the fight earlier to be honest but everyone talking **** about Wilder at least he tried man went out on his shield not like Joshua who walked back his corner with no response the corner threw in the towel wasn't his decision so you can't even compare the 2. I thought Fury won the first fight but was ok with the draw the 2nd fight I thought Wilder was going to win via KO or Fury by decision but was a good entertaining fight either way. Wilder's not finished either just lost to the better man that night happens he still has that equalizer and he can still hurt anyone with 1 shot.

Leave a comment:

• paulf
    replied
    Had to watch the fight on a smartphone while traveling. Not here to argue with anyone, all I have to say is:

What a fight!

Uncle Bob sure hit the jackpot

Leave a comment:

• Jack Rivers
    replied
    Great fight. Not what i expected which makes it better... I wish wilder would have not been that guy after he lost, then leave his trainer and manager to talk after the fight... I remember him talking ill of another certain boxer when they lost...

So does this put the top three as fury, joshua then wilder?

Leave a comment:

• Monty Fisto
    replied
    Boxing has a long history of champions walking in to a ring with an aura of invincibility and leaving visibly diminished by defeat. The effect is even moreso when the ex-champ is a big puncher who has grown to rely too much on that one advantage. When the advantage no longer works, when you've been found out, it is a difficult truth to swallow that you must find a way to try and compete using your weaker skills. A young fighter can go and work on those skills, but for a 34-year-old that is tough. And to do it for a rematch against an elite fighter who has just beaten you up unrelentingly and taken away all that made you special? Psychologically, Wilder could plunge a long way.

Separate point: interesting to hear in the post-match press conference that Wilder's head trainer didn't want to stop the fight and was surprised that other guys in his corner threw in the towel.

Leave a comment:

• sportbuddha
    replied
    Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    I disagree. Wilder spirit wasn't broken. He didn't tap out or quit. He did not appear to be a broken man. He was still trying to land that right hand even while being weight bullied by the much larger Tyson Fury. Watch how fast Deontay exercises his rematch clause. He has 30 days to do it. So Deontay will be just fine. He'll be back.
    He might exercise the clause, and he’ll pin all his hopes on that big right, but the fact remains, he cannot outbox Fury. Fury did not just come in there and out brawl him, he done a lot of things Wilder has no answer too and he never looked close to landing his only equaliser. The first fight was close because Fury was out of shape, coaches have been saying it for a long time but Wilder fans just won’t hear it, technically he can’t compete with a guy like Fury, and there’s no shame in that, Fury is an exceptionally good boxer.

When all’s said and done, the fall out from the night will play over in his mind and yes I believe he’ll never be the same. Some guys can recover from a loss, I think Wilders ego won’t handle it, ask yourself, how could he in all seriousness, spend 20mins in the dressing room dressing up like a baddy in the power rangers and do a long ring walk knowing the last time he was in there his corner had to save him? His aura is crushed. He comes in next time with a punchers chance and he loses again next time, because he is just not a good enough boxer.

Btw Fury’s final stroke of genius was singing American Pie to Wilders fans as he left the ring to boos, that will play over and over in his mind, I wouldn’t even be surprised if he retired.
    Last edited by sportbuddha; 02-23-2020, 02:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Vodkaholic
    replied
    Originally posted by Angry View Post
    **** fury. He cheated and punched wilder at the back of his head while bullying him and stuffing wilder under his armpit. Wilder is still my champion. Fury is a bully and a loser.
    I am sick and tired of hearing about his mental health. Wilder has gone through **** too. Wilder isn’t and has not been treated fairly and given his due credit.
    This ****ing guy

Leave a comment:

• aboutfkntime
    replied
    the... Pac > Golovkin > Matthyse > Joshua... fanboy train...

are still so embarrassed they cannot even have a good laugh at Wilder

learn the game you mugs LMAO

Leave a comment:

• cruz1383
    replied
    Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
    Do Wilder stans not get this? Going for the back of the ear is actually taught....

Nope but what Stan understands there fighters flaws lol not much do from what I can see.

Leave a comment:

• Removed Now
    replied
    That all British showdown is looking epic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X