Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paulf
    replied
    Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Hit the jackpot indeed. Fury is the golden goose, the cash cow.
    Fury galvanized himself and his career with that performance, that's for sure. Will be interesting to see whats next; Arum appears to have Miller on standby should Wilder pass on the trilogy.

Leave a comment:

• SHO_RULEZ
    replied
    Martin, on the undercard...Wilder's next opponent, to get his confidence back?

Leave a comment:

• SHO_RULEZ
    replied
    The first KD was clearly to the back of the head, but you rarely see a ref actually call this illegal foul. They'll call a low blow, kidney shot, headbutt. They'll miss a few ...but they'll eventually call one, and allow an affected fighter the 5 minute recovery. The detection rate for back of the head blows is almost non-existent.

Sometimes its dismissed by the ref as the victim's fault, for turning his head. Other times though, its a foul, its simply a no-call. The victim complains, the ref ignores it, and often starts the count if there's a KD, to add insult to injury. I dont think I've ever seen a ref wave off a KD due to a back of the head blow, and allow the guy 5 minutes to recover. You might a well delete the foul from the rulebook, its rarely detected and enforced .

Leave a comment:

• Boxing_1013
    replied
    Originally posted by rocktop View Post
    That kronk style is basically wrestling 101 boxers dont understand carrying someones weight drains the muscle endurance and lungs just as much or more than a body shot and punching for 12 rounds.
    I hear ya...I thought Fury would implement that type of gameplan and would get the stoppage...but I did not think the affects of that plan would show so early...just not sure why Wilder looked so gassed from like the very beginning of the fight.

Either way...great gameplan from Fury...well executed as well.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing_1013
    replied
    Originally posted by Angeljuice View Post
    He quit, remove props.
    Nah he didn't...always weird to see guys on here talk sh.it about dudes that would absolutely whip their as.s though lol

Leave a comment:

• NYG
    replied
    The punches that ended the fight were ****ing beautiful. The way he got Wilder to open up and then drilled him with that straight right was great. Just can't believe the beating that Fury gave to Wilder

Leave a comment:

• Angry
    replied
    You make no sense

Leave a comment:

• bojangles1987
    replied
    Who would have thought back when Fury was uppercutting himself in the nose that he would be the far and away best HW in the world.

Massive win.

Leave a comment:

• jbpanama
    replied
    At some points,

his shuffle coming Forward reminded me of Tommy Hearns propelling Forward...

Fury's a quick study and was able to adopt a new style...

Leave a comment:

• jbpanama
    replied
    Originally posted by Disturbed View Post
    I miss him. It was great to hear him commentate on fights, he (obviously) knew boxing very well. A great voice too (not important to some people, but never hurts to have a good/pleasant voice when you are commentating for fights)
    At some points,

his shuffle coming Forward reminded me of Tommy Hearns propelling Forward...

Fury's a quick study and was able to adopt a new style...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X