No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Drops Deontay Wilder Twice, Stops Him in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    Well it won't be easy but it won't stop Wilder from trying. He wants his belt back. Most people thought he was crazy for even taking this rematch after being so outclassed by Fury in their first bout absent the two knockdowns in the first place.

One can say what they will about Wilder but he is one stubborn and ballsy guy. He displayed a tremendous amount of championship heart. Fury with all his size and weight bullying still couldn't keep the "Bronze Bomber" on the canvas.

The reason why Wilder's corner had to throw in the towel was because he refused to lay down and took Tyson's best shots as Fury couldn't put him away. Which was very dangerous because a fighter can easily get hurt by not going down and absorbing that many flush punches to the head as Deontay Wilder did.

Wilder was willing eat as many punches as he could just to land that one equalizer.
    Wilder had great heart. He deserves a lot of respect no doubt about it. None of us would have been in there that is for sure.

But he was in serious trouble and it was just a matter of time before he went down for good. He wasn't throwing anything back. He was getting hit with power shots with ease.

At the end of round 5 the pundits were saying the fight should have been stopped then and I agreed with them. You can't have one guy taking a beating and allow it to continue on the basis that he might land 1 shot some-time. You have to show you are in the fight, you are still there physically.
    As they said 50+ punches to the head is just as damaging long term as 1 ko punch.
    I think it was Bradley who said "The corner should have ended it earlier. He was beaten, he was not getting back into the fight. They should have called it off, let their fighter stop taking punishment, go home safe, work out what went wrong and come back again".

People forget with all the trash these fighters talk that it is just a sport. Wilder obviously didn't want it to end that way but by letting it go further he could have been damaged beyond recovery. In the sport we have seen it so many times when a fighter and corner don't make decisions simply because they don't recognise the trouble their fighter is in until it is too late.

I have a lot of respect for Wilder. But sometimes you just have to know your ability and what level you are at. Getting a beat down for the sake of a beat down shows heart but it also shows stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
      I feel Wilder has paid here for picking a big name overweight retired dude as his next 'victim'. He got a draw and then the overweight guy got in shape for the next fight...

I've been saying for a while Wilder is unproven as an elite fighter. We know he has a huge punch and is generally a good fighter but how good is he? a 39/40 year old Ortiz is his best win and he just got knocked out by Mr pillow-fist Tyson Fury(!)

There is no shame in losing but both these fighters have avoided top 10 opponents like the plague. Fury will get my respect now if he stops fighting bums. Wilder will get mine when he beats someone in the top-10 who isn't almost 40

100% right. He was pulling another Adonis Stevenson by avoiding AJ

Comment

• Rematch does not look good and winning 2 rounds in two fights...looks bad. Imo, Haymon will cash out Wilder in a rematch.

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

I'm fed-up with you Gypsy-Bum and all your fans! WAR DEONTAY WILDER!!!
        BTW, those guys in your pic....shooting at the sky with their pants down, is that a thing? Moon haters?
        Last edited by factsarenice; 02-23-2020, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Fury dared to be great what a legend!

Comment

• Originally posted by Falkano View Post
            Wilder had great heart. He deserves a lot of respect no doubt about it. None of us would have been in there that is for sure.

But he was in serious trouble and it was just a matter of time before he went down for good. He wasn't throwing anything back. He was getting hit with power shots with ease.

At the end of round 5 the pundits were saying the fight should have been stopped then and I agreed with them. You can't have one guy taking a beating and allow it to continue on the basis that he might land 1 shot some-time. You have to show you are in the fight, you are still there physically.
            As they said 50+ punches to the head is just as damaging long term as 1 ko punch.
            I think it was Bradley who said "The corner should have ended it earlier. He was beaten, he was not getting back into the fight. They should have called it off, let their fighter stop taking punishment, go home safe, work out what went wrong and come back again".

People forget with all the trash these fighters talk that it is just a sport. Wilder obviously didn't want it to end that way but by letting it go further he could have been damaged beyond recovery. In the sport we have seen it so many times when a fighter and corner don't make decisions simply because they don't recognise the trouble their fighter is in until it is too late.

I have a lot of respect for Wilder. But sometimes you just have to know your ability and what level you are at. Getting a beat down for the sake of a beat down shows heart but it also shows stupidity.
            Mark seemed to be the only guy in the ring concerned with Wilder's health.

Comment

• Originally posted by Falkano View Post

You are right! You make an an excellent point and that was the same train of thought that his team had; Especially Jay Deas and Shelly Finkel when they threw in the towel.

They wanted Wilder to live to fight another day. They didn't want to see him ruined or cashed out in just one fight and with hindsight being 20/20 they got right right this time.

As much as it hurts me to say this; Had I been his trainer I would probably have done the exact the same thing.

Good post!

Comment

• wilder is still a warrior, if he is mentally the same fighter then i still pick him over aj/ruiz/whyte. still the hardest punching hw of all time.

boooommmmbbbb sssqqquuuaaaaddd

Comment

• On a seroius note.....

Mark Breland asked to end it sooner, they had the rematch signed...rebooting was the right call.

That said, I expect Haymon to use Breland as the scapegoat so he can sell fight III but I hope I'm wrong on that.

If I'm right it will only confirm some dark suspicions about Haymon's loyalty to the fighters. Again, I hope I'm wrong.
                  Last edited by factsarenice; 02-23-2020, 10:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                    Fury vs Joshua winner already taking it all man..

No need to add the two losers’ winner for you to have a winner takes all scenario.
                    AJ vs Fury for all the marbles and the losers Wilder vs Ruiz can try to get back in the mix by fighting each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      Is Bayless racist??? He pulls that sht all the time. I quit watching Floyd fights once I knew he was the ref.

Point deducted was BSht! And Wilder swong in breaks also. I would refuse to let him ref.
                      Agreed. Bayless did his best trying to save his homeboy. Slow count after the first knockdown, deducting a point from Fury and even literally holding Wilder up so that he wouldn't fall on his a$$ after Fury punched him (just look at 1:20 to go in the fifth round).

Speaking of the fifth round, the one in which Fury got his second knockdown, and the one in which Bayless deducted a point from him (convenient, ha?), just during the first 30 seconds of the round Wilder punched Fury twice on two separate occasions after Bayless called a break, but he didn't get even a warning for it. How strange...

People b*tching about Fury being dirty should pay attention to Wilder's rabbit punches and punches after a break in this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X