Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the best English fighter of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the best English fighter of all time?

Who do you think was the best English fighter, pound for pound, of all time?

Are you making so many threads so that nobody focuses on Charlo?

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
      Are you making so many threads so that nobody focuses on Charlo?
      Called my bluff.

Comment

Probably Eubank sr.

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
          Who do you think was the best English fighter, pound for pound, of all time?
          P4P most would say Bob Fitzsimmons, and certainly he'd have a claim to being the biggest puncher by weight. Titles at MW. LHW and HW.

Kid Lewis is also right up there and there's a few more contenders like Jimmy Wilde if you include the non-English Brits.

Comment

If you count Lennox Lewis who is English and Canadian, I would say Lewis. After him, Calzaghe. Benn, Eubank, Bruno, Haye in more modern times were more popular than Calzaghe, but I think Calzaghe could qualify as the best of the modern era.

Comment

Originally posted by megh50 View Post
              If you count Lennox Lewis who is English and Canadian, I would say Lewis. After him, Calzaghe. Benn, Eubank, Bruno, Haye in more modern times were more popular than Calzaghe, but I think Calzaghe could qualify as the best of the modern era.
              When did Calzaghe become English? He's Welsh and he's overrated.

Comment

Lennox Lewis is the greatest English fighter. Then Josh is closing the gap and Tyson Fury is behind Josh.

Eubank Sr and Benn aren't on the level of the three up there. And don't ever mention David Haye amongst the greats...Haye never beat anyone and he got knocked out by a 42-yr old Carl Thompson who was never great and was bang average throughout his career. And Carl Froch was never great.

Comment

Probably Lennox Lewis IMO. I know his nationality is murky but he says he's English and as an Englishman I'm happy to acknowledge that.

Comment

Calzaghe, followed by Barry Mcguigan and Ken Buchanan.

Comment

Working...
                    X