Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the best English fighter of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince Naseem.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
      Damn fine post. I wish I'd been alerted to it.

Lennox Lewis's parent are Jamaicans, both of them.

Joe's got no English parents either.

Bob's father is Irish, but his mother is English.

Bruno's Dominican

Wilde, Kaf tells us, is Welsh, I dunno w/o looking it up but I'm inclined to believe him.

Eubank is Jamaican.

Haye's also got an English mother. His Father is Jamaican though.

Benn's Barbadian

Fury is Irish

Froch, English until you hit his grands, I think. So that's pretty damn English.

Warrington, correct me if I'm wrong, is from England as are both his parents.

Duke is Jamaican.

So in terms of Englishness I think the pool is Warrington, Froch, Fitzsimmons, and Haye.
      Froch is Polish and by looking at him, you can tell he isn't English. Haye's dad is Jamaican. And i believe Josh Warrington has Celt in his lineage. It's pretty difficult to find an English person with pure blood in Northern England...you pretty much have to come to the Southern England for that and that's if there's no Roman blood somewhere in the lineage as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
        Froch is Polish and by looking at him, you can tell he isn't English. Haye's dad is Jamaican. And i believe Josh Warrington has Celt in his lineage. It's pretty difficult to find an English person with pure blood in Northern England...you pretty much have to come to the Southern England for that and that's if there's no Roman blood somewhere in the lineage as well.
        Froch's not English enough because his father's father is Polish? I'm not even being a smartass, I'm legitimately making sure I have you correctly.

I thought Warrington had some Celt too, but I couldn't remember where I got that from and couldn't even call it Irish or Scottish or whatever form of Celt. Get me something more specific than " I think Josh is a celt" if you can would ya?

:lol1; Holy **** to the Roman bit. That's some damn hard nosed purity y'all shoot for if you can't even have Roman....you're ****ing with me?

So, from the Anglo-Saxon period to now none of the intruders have been allowed to join in the cultural or ethnic identity? Rome is weeeeellll before Normans. Way before Canut. ....I thought, I mean I just assumed, modern English meant a little Roman or Viking was still English. Damn son.

Are you all Anglo Saxon? Do y'all have any folks who are all one? Just Saxons? Proud to have never become Anglo Saxons let alone Norman or whatever.

I mean, without Rome what is English? Without Bill the Asskicker we couldn't be using words like beverage, but, that's not English blood though?

How widely refused is Roman blood?

Edit- one more, what about the French Brittons? They're ancestral British no?

Comment

Working...
        X