Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there so much hate on NSB for GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    He got stripped for fighting Vanes. But go ahead and ignore Andrade and Sergiy knocking at that door!

Man you sure are full of sht and excuses...
    Nah that's wrong...and again blaming GGG for that whole situation is just peak silliness

Comment

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
      First fight I believe I had

1st round close to canelo
      2nd canelo
      3rd canelo
      4th close to ggg
      5th ggg
      6th ggg
      7th ggg
      8th close to canelo
      9th close to ggg
      10th canelo
      11th close to canelo
      12th canelo

I forget exactly how I scored the second I just remember canelo taking early and mid rounds and ggg came on strong in the later round... I’ll re watch and send you my scores.
      OK thanks man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Man you gave GGG like alll the early rounds in the 2nd fight!!!!

I had some GGG fans watching the fight and they would of slapped you for that dumb sht scorecard! We was like damn GGG in trouble but he came on strong the later rounds.

Biatch just quit being a liar and post you gave ggg EVERY round and it wasn’t even close... Someone is going to KUTFO with your stupid crayon color scorecards. One of these days your going to say stupid sht at a bar or fight and get dropped!!!! Fools don’t play with their money! You show up saying they lost when they won.... Just record it.
        Both fights were very similar...early rounds, GGG was still outlanding Canelo, but they were close rounds...Canelo's speed and counters made them nip and tuck rounds...in the 2nd fight, GGG was outlanding Canelo, but Canelo landed the best shot or shots of the round...made them close rounds...Canelo doesn't get extra points on my card just because he does anything good at all in a round.

All I can say is if Canelo and GGG were switched and fought each other's fights... I would say Canelo won both 8-4...I think you would then say that Canelo won both 10-2...all I can say my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
          No, we didn't.

You also don't see air..

No, it isn't. Jacobs was a good win. The rest are trash..

Hopkins EASILY. Trinidad, Glen Johnson, Keith Holmes and William Joppy - those four names collectively trump the whole of Bumlvokin's wins to date..
          Bro that is kind of my point...big upping those 4 fighters, and slighting a lot of guys that GGG ran through...just makes 0 sense lol...especially since Trinidad had just come up from WW like a year or two before...that is hardly a much better win than GGG's over Brook...like how do you big up that win and then completely trash GGG's over Brook...just makes 0 sense my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            didnt score canelo GGG

FIRST time ward by a point, next time, Kov by 2 points, 3rd time a draw. was a razor thin fight no robbery.
            Thanks...I think saying 'GGG wasn't what he was made out to be by some' is a fair argument...you could make that for any fighter though really...but it is a fair one.

I think that to really have a firm opinion on him you have to factor in those 2 Canelo fights and how you viewed/scored them though...I thought he would be a bit better in each fight, but at the same time, I still thought he won both quite cleanly...mainly because of his activity...his stamina/workrate just make him a tough fight for Canelo who tends to fight in spurts...my 2 cents anyway.

OK I disagree about the Ward-Kov fight but thanks for responding.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              what slippage? dude looks like he always has and we can only assume slippage because of his age

he never had great speed defense or reflexes, hasnt been in any wars

guys like roman gonzalez, Manny Pacquaio, etc have more ring wear and tear than this guy who basically only fought 3 top tier middleweights his entire career
              Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              dude Ouma was shot to bits thats why i didnt bring it up and he isnt a big puncher. he supposed to have dominated him in that condition plus that fight was ages ago. Dude went almost 20 fights knocking out C class and B class guys taking minimal punishment

as far as his chin he hasnt even been in with fighters considered big punchers and the one decent one he fought, he chose to box him majority of the rounds for fear of being countered all night(canelo)

GGG was never that great to begin with, just a very good fighter with power.

"you seem a bit new to the sport"...naw, i just dont jump on bandwagons...been a die hard boxing fan all of my life and middleweight is one of my favorite divisions....guys like Michael Nunn, Sumbu kalambay have better resumes and didnt recieve the hype this guy did.....even counting regular belt defenses with super titles to make up some kind of record lol...his resume is weak for a top 3 p4p guy probably one of the weakest ever.......daniel Geale, Lemieux, Ouma are not the type of opponents to build a hall of fame resume...
              I don't think you can just say GGG has power...when you look at how accomplished he was as an amateur, and then also how great of a jab he has...if he was just a one trick pony, he would have been exposed by now...and he isn't really a 1 punch KO guy...he just imo has good skills and good power and breaks you down that way.

And I mean he's never been REALLY exposed btw...like Monroe outboxing him or Brook etc...and I would say Jacobs Stevens and Lemieux are probably all bigger punchers than Canelo...well Canelo is somehow continuing to punch harder and harder now...but they are all 4 basically in the same category.

I just feel that from studying other current fighters, or even past guys, most guys do not dominate when they face 15 or so solid pros...most guys have a slip up...GGG never did and that just really impresses me...it's not easy to do.

I brought up Ouma bc you said he hasn't been in any wars...regardless of Ouma's level in that fight (and I agree that he wasn't really prime there) that would definitely qualify as a war.

As I've said before...I think there is plenty of valid stuff to get on GGG about...you could argue he didn't live up to some hype...could say you think his level of comp. was not as great as could have been...could get on him for never really moving up.

I think GGG's run through all of those guys, from basically Ouma to Brook is really impressive...he never really needed judges, never had an off night, never had a loss or a close fight.

You mentioning Nunn and Sumbu kind of proves my point in why I think GGG was great...they both had some good wins/runs...but also some controversial and close wins in there, against not really elite competition.

Which is fine...that happens when you mix it up with 10 or so solid pros...eventually you will have an off night and/or find a bad style matchup for you.

If GGG was getting lit up by Stevens or Lemieux or Jacobs and having wars with them or really close fights (no Jacobs was not a close fight imho)...or getting outboxed for stretches and having close fights with Monroe Brook Geale Murray etc...I would agree that he was just a big puncher and was overhyped.

But based on what I've seen I think he is one of the best I've ever seen to do it around his weight class...I think saying he is just a power guy, and not appreciating his other skills, especially how great his jab is/was, is misguided.

Again fair enough to say you feel he wasn't as great as some felt he was...that is all subjective anyway...but yeah I was impressed with his run at 160 and feel I would have needed to see a lot more 'bad' moments from him in those fights to say he wasn't the real deal...it would have shown through more at least a few times in those fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                Ok then, enjoy being a fool believing that ggg soap opera. Fortunately for you, it’s almost over
                Yeah he's almost at the end of his career. There are only a couple of years left to enjoy him. Your time is running out to come to your senses. However sadly you have to endure many more years of coming to Canelo's defense when people increasingly point out his numerous shortcomings. Good luck on that..

Comment

• The Brits hate him cause he pulled Froch's hoe card.

As for the others, it's part and parcel of being a popular fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    Yeah he's almost at the end of his career. There are only a couple of years left to enjoy him. Your time is running out to come to your senses. However sadly you have to endure many more years of coming to Canelo's defense when people increasingly point out his numerous shortcomings. Good luck on that..
                    Lol very nice Tony

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                      I don't think you can just say GGG has power...when you look at how accomplished he was as an amateur, and then also how great of a jab he has...if he was just a one trick pony, he would have been exposed by now...and he isn't really a 1 punch KO guy...he just imo has good skills and good power and breaks you down that way.

And I mean he's never been REALLY exposed btw...like Monroe outboxing him or Brook etc...and I would say Jacobs Stevens and Lemieux are probably all bigger punchers than Canelo...well Canelo is somehow continuing to punch harder and harder now...but they are all 4 basically in the same category.

I just feel that from studying other current fighters, or even past guys, most guys do not dominate when they face 15 or so solid pros...most guys have a slip up...GGG never did and that just really impresses me...it's not easy to do.

I brought up Ouma bc you said he hasn't been in any wars...regardless of Ouma's level in that fight (and I agree that he wasn't really prime there) that would definitely qualify as a war.

As I've said before...I think there is plenty of valid stuff to get on GGG about...you could argue he didn't live up to some hype...could say you think his level of comp. was not as great as could have been...could get on him for never really moving up.

I think GGG's run through all of those guys, from basically Ouma to Brook is really impressive...he never really needed judges, never had an off night, never had a loss or a close fight.

You mentioning Nunn and Sumbu kind of proves my point in why I think GGG was great...they both had some good wins/runs...but also some controversial and close wins in there, against not really elite competition.

Which is fine...that happens when you mix it up with 10 or so solid pros...eventually you will have an off night and/or find a bad style matchup for you.

If GGG was getting lit up by Stevens or Lemieux or Jacobs and having wars with them or really close fights (no Jacobs was not a close fight imho)...or getting outboxed for stretches and having close fights with Monroe Brook Geale Murray etc...I would agree that he was just a big puncher and was overhyped.

But based on what I've seen I think he is one of the best I've ever seen to do it around his weight class...I think saying he is just a power guy, and not appreciating his other skills, especially how great his jab is/was, is misguided.

Again fair enough to say you feel he wasn't as great as some felt he was...that is all subjective anyway...but yeah I was impressed with his run at 160 and feel I would have needed to see a lot more 'bad' moments from him in those fights to say he wasn't the real deal...it would have shown through more at least a few times in those fights.
                      i said very good fighter with power....is he an all time great...no.....is he skilled yes, he is a former olympian with 100s of fights but is it on the level of former p4p middleweight entrants like a prime Hagler, Michael Nunn, James, Toney, Hopkins? No, he is well schooled but basic and not hard to hit

is he a hall of famer? nope, resume is weak and reputation is based off knocking out fringe contenders....every top middleweight he has fought has been a toss up type fight except lemieux who really is a lower top ten guy

not really elite? you do know kalambay defeated Mike McCallum an all time great and hall of famer, perennial contender Herol Graham 2x, steve collins, iran barkley, contender robbie sims, champions buster drayton and doug dewitt

Michael Nunn won titles at 160 and 168 and fought for one at 175 defeated Marlon Starling, Gold Medallist frank tate, Juan Roldan, Donald Curry, Victor Cordoba twice

these dudes clearly beat better fighters and accomplished more than GGG to less fan fare

its save to say i was not impressed considering his level of competition in respect to the hype he had, and on the contrary, it seems you just started following the sport recently yourself
                      Last edited by therealpugilist; 02-11-2020, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X