Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there so much hate on NSB for GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
    Yeah you get a lot of that... some of the Pac fans started supporting GGG after JMM slept Pac and a coupla of the most vocal kinda used GGG to continue their weird war against the Floydites, this in turn turned a lot of the Floyd guys aginst Golovkin even though many of the GGG fans had never had any part in all that Floyd / Pac nonsense... thing is once people start slinging insults folk don't usually stop to check who started what, they just start slinging that ish right back.

Ain't the only reason of course, but it's a big part of how it started.

Whole sorry buncha crap's like kids in the playground. If the 'Scene obsessives put half the effort into promoting the sport to their friends and ish as they do calling each other names and slinging mud at fighters the sport might actually have a bit more of a following.
    it all started over the ggg vs canelo thing... floyd fans had to back canelo up since floyd beat canelo and there has been talks in the past of floyd avoiding ggg, etc. so because of this, the floyd fans will automatically root for canelo instead of ggg..

if you look at some old post before the whole ggg vs canelo thing... some floyd fans were actually giving ggg props, saying that ggg is a good boxer with a good jab. it wasnt until the whole ggg vs canelo thing started, that's when ggg became a bum.

Comment

• Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
      because ggg fans used to be pac fans.. at least that's what the floyd fans is saying on here.
      No because they stupid sht Like GGG is better than Hopkins. One is in the HoFame and I doubt GGG makes it. Maybe buying tickets. Who has GGg beaten even close to Trinidad? Or even Pavilak?? Winky?

Comment

it all started over the ggg vs canelo thing... floyd fans had to back canelo up since floyd beat canelo and there has been talks in the past of floyd avoiding ggg, etc. so because of this, the floyd fans will automatically root for canelo instead of ggg..

if you look at some old post before the whole ggg vs canelo thing... some floyd fans were actually giving ggg props, saying that ggg is a good boxer with a good jab. it wasnt until the whole ggg vs canelo thing started, that's when ggg became a bum.
        No it was from the stupid anyone from 154-168 sht. But at only 160 doe.

Plus the Rtards saying GGG KNOCKS Canelo out easily!

When he couldn’t even knock him down.

Then crying like a POOR sport Broner’ing out the ring didn’t help...

Comment

What a load of bollocks. This **** has been going on since 2013 at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            The flack he gets is minor compared to Floyd, Manny and some others.

There are a few versions of this same thread and it always comes back to the same general point-the fans that love GGG for non boxing reasons make threads like this so they can say anyone that doesn't like GGG or criticizes him does so only because he is white and not American.

When a poster that doesn't like GGG explains why, that answer is automatically dismissed by the GGG diehards (many of whom like him not for his boxing but because he looks like them and didn't come from America).

It's always the same type of poster; i.e. Legends456, Jubei, Maxi, Madison that makes this kind of GGG thread. Yes, some of the criticism he receives is petty but that is because petty criticisms have driven NSB for 15 years.

I think we'd all be better off if all of these threads were merged into one GGG master thread so the forum isn't polluted. Same with Floyd and Manny.
            Lol hey fair enough man...I personally just try to call it like I see it, both in and out of the ring, for fighters...I don't get into the petty stuff either way...I at least feel I am ideologically neutral and don't favor guys based on race etc...I did not see some masterclass from Fury vs Wilder, not in the first 6 rounds anyway, and felt a draw was the right score...Floyd beat Manny 8-4, clear as day, imo.

I do think those who don't like GGG (or any fighter) would be better served making less emotional posts when they voice their opinion...when someone starts getting over the top and personal, it makes their point seem less valid and more biased.

I've said it before...if someone wanted to say 'GGG was a beast from this time to this time...but it's hard to say how good because he was never really tested in that time'...or something to that effect...like what could anyone say to really disagree with that? They could give an opinion that they feel the comp. during that time was good or whatever (and I would agree with that)...but now if they start to take that critique of GGG personally....they now are the ones who look bad.

And just my 2 cents that most of the ones who 'defend' GGG seem pretty neutral on everything and pretty emotionless...those who criticize him all the time on here seem really emotional and biased...so it just ends up making them look bad and the 'fans' of GGG look better by comparison.

Again I like GGG and his style...but if people were more neutral about him/his career I would probably chime in with them lol...but instead I read comments that I feel are wild so I feel compelled to respond.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              Are you new here? GGG is hated here since 2013-2014. It's xenofobia, racial hate, stupidity.
              LMAO

Exactly WHO has Bumlovkin beaten?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                You're so invested though on Canelo/his legacy being better than GGG lol...like I don't really care that much.

I can bet that one of us was really excited/emotional after the 2 Canelo-GGG decisions, and it wasn't me...I saw who I felt was clearly better in fight 1...and in fight 2 GGG was still better, though it was a better fight, but still won by the same margin on my scorecard.

Whatever 3 often-time corrupt judges have to say, I don't care about man...everyone knows to beat a big time A-side like Canelo, you have to probably KO him or KD him a few times...it is what it is...I don't really care that much...at least GGG got paid for being 'robbed'...so who cares.

But yeah I think it's pretty clear in my eyes that GGG is a level or two above Canelo as a fighter...but Canelo keeps improving, and GGG isn't going to be improving any more...so at the end of the day, they may end up at a similar top level in my view.

So yeah I think GGG is a better fighter than Canelo...he hasn't been as helped or protected as Canelo, but we aren't talking about that...we are just evaluating their talent and what they did in the ring.
                That’s the difference between you and I... you write a whole lot of “I thinks” I tell you facts... next

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                  Well I mean race has a lot to do with it clearly...those who are white, by and large like GGG and really seem to feel very threatened by his rivals...I think a lot that feeling threatened had to do with his resume, which is very weak.
                  See, the "race card" works both ways..

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    In your eyes ggg has never lost 1 round.

Jacobs, both Canelo fights, and Sergiy all easy GGG wins. 48 rounds to ZERO.
                    Nah I scored GGG-Jacobs 8-4.

GGG-Canelo 8-4 both times.

GGG-SD 6-6...on rewatch it was 7-5 to GGG but that was a very close fight...no issue if someone has it 7-5 to SD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                      Nope you’re wrong, Loma is legit... ggg is not nowhere near Loma as a boxer
                      Orlando Salido???

Comment

Working...
                      X