Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there so much hate on NSB for GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I mean race has a lot to do with it clearly...those who aren't white, by and large don't like GGG and really seem to feel very threatened by him/his success...I think a lot that feeling threatened had to do with his style, which was not a slick hit and not get hit style...but a seek and destroy style.

They have to try to marginalize him because they personally feel threatened seeing such a dominant style in a white fighter...especially when he/his style are being contrasted to other fighters/styles from other groups - black, hispanic etc.

Basically, as many things are, it's all about race really...but race can be a good unifier for people as well, and can cause people from similar backgrounds to have an easy common bond, even if they know little about each other...so I don't really think that blaming everyone on 'race' and making it out to be the bad guy all the time is very worthwhile either.

It's just fandom man...and in fight sports 9 times out of 10 people will back their own race vs that of another...in GGG's case, other races felt threatened by him because of his style and dominance so they feel/felt compelled to try and marginalize him as much as possible...that's more or less the truth, but most of them will never admit that obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
      So why?

Because he’s not American?
      Because he’s half white and half Asian?
      Yes, those are the main reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
        Well I mean race has a lot to do with it clearly...those who aren't white, by and large don't like GGG and really seem to feel very threatened by him/his success...I think a lot that feeling threatened had to do with his style, which was not a slick hit and not get hit style...but a seek and destroy style.

They have to try to marginalize him because they personally feel threatened seeing such a dominant style in a white fighter...especially when he/his style are being contrasted to other fighters/styles from other groups - black, hispanic etc.

Basically, as many things are, it's all about race really...but race can be a good unifier for people as well, and can cause people from similar backgrounds to have an easy common bond, even if they know little about each other...so I don't really think that blaming everyone on 'race' and making it out to be the bad guy all the time is very worthwhile either.

It's just fandom man...and in fight sports 9 times out of 10 people will back their own race vs that of another...in GGG's case, other races felt threatened by him because of his style and dominance so they feel/felt compelled to try and marginalize him as much as possible...that's more or less the truth, but most of them will never admit that obviously.
        Dominance? Lol see this is exactly what I mean, you ggg fans think he is something he isn’t period... who he dominate? In his only 4 legit bouts he is 2-1-1 with 0 ko’s... that’s what you call dominance? Your standards are very low.

Comment

That’s a very interesting theory

I didn’t realize people of other races didn’t like him because he is (half) white descent and has a white face.

Comment

That’s kind of primitive and sad if you think about it...

Comment

I have seen so many posts on NSB speaking disparagingly of GGG and his fans. Why is this?
              You will find the same with Loma as well. Apparently everyone that either guy has faced was a joke/cab driver with the exception of clenela for GGG.

Even though GGG whooped the diva in a clear one-sided fight the first time and was robbed of a deserved victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                Canelo is an all time great, ggg isn’t and and 36-37 he will never be ��
                Trivial, subjective designations mean nothing to me, and to any serious, fair-minded person they mean nothing or very little.

Canelo may get bonus points at the end of the day, because of where he is from and how 'helped' he was along the way because of his star power...but as fighters...Canelo isn't in the same league as GGG...GGG earned his stripes the hard way, Canelo has basically always been able to fight opponents who have 1 hand tied behind their back.

Still a great fighter but if anyone is objective it's not really close as far as who the better fighter is...GGG proved that twice, and at the tail end of his career vs Canelo's prime...fair to point out though that Canelo moved up in weight to take those 2 fights though...but when you combine Canelo's PED issues and weight 'bullying'/going up to 168/175 etc...he doesn't exactly get a lot of credit as the 'smaller' man moving up to face the bigger man.

Comment

It aint hate... Its disappointment.... And Canelo is hated just as much he just has enough fanboys to even it out

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    You will find the same with Loma as well. Apparently everyone that either guy has faced was a joke/cab driver with the exception of clenela for GGG.

Even though GGG whooped the diva in a clear one-sided fight the first time and was robbed of a deserved victory.
                    Nope you’re wrong, Loma is legit... ggg is not nowhere near Loma as a boxer

Comment

That’s kind of primitive and sad if you think about it...
                      It's just human nature really..nothing too sad about it...just is what it is..human beings are flawed by design

Comment

Working...
                      X