Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teddy Atlas Sees Early KO For Wilder, Interested in Training Andy Ruiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teddy's Not a Great Fight Prognosticator

I have a lot of respect for Teddy Atlas as a man, a trainer and a student of boxing but a great prognosticator of fight outcomes he isn't.

Comment

Atlas was removed by live commentary because after the fights the technicians had to spend hours just to clean up the monitors from his spit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonylove View Post
        8 Rd’s to nail Ortiz ? Ortiz is one of the best heavyweights Fury is scared to death of Ortiz turned down the fight multiple times Joshua had his promoter sign Ruiz to avoid him a few yrs back. Feb 22 your going to be a sad man
        Nobody is scared of Ortiz, that's just hype from Wilders team.
        Nobody wants to fight him not because they are scared but because it means nothing to beat a 50yo man with serious health issues.

There would be no kudos, no increase in public profile, nothing. Ortiz is more on the sidelines than in the mix.

Anybody looks like a world class boxer when fighting Wilder, just the way it is.

Comment

I'm not laying down any bets until Freddie Roach curses one of them with his prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by Oshio View Post
            Greatest puncher of all time? By fighting who? Tomato cans? Pathetic!
            He has had the easiest ride to the title possible.
            Even if he hadn't had an easy ride he would still need to go some to beat Shavers in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              High praise from Teddy Atlas! Amazing how much power Wilder has for a guy under 230lbs. and no legs! I hope he can motivate Andy Ruiz! I think Kownacki is the perfect test for Andy, and Brooklyn is the perfect place for Teddy Atlas to show us Ruiz 2.0!
              Wilder at least has height and leverage. Ernie Shavers was 6'0 and was as good if not better.

Comment

Andy Ruiz should do his due diligence before choosing his next trainer.

Talk to Teddy Atlas. But also talk to others like the Reynosos and Robert Garcia and Freddie Roach.

See which one is going to be the best fit.

Comment

“God damnnitt Andy! We are firemen!! Firemennnn!!! You see him..yeah him..him across the ring Andy! He’s not a fireman..not like us..he’s the fire..now put him out. Reggie, Reggie get me the hose, god damnit Reggie! The hose god damn it, we are firemen!!”

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Andy Ruiz should do his due diligence before choosing his next trainer.

Talk to Teddy Atlas. But also talk to others like the Reynosos and Robert Garcia and Freddie Roach.

See which one is going to be the best fit.
                    He needs a disciplinarian which none of those guys are. Look at Freddie and Chavez jr, Garcia and Rios/maidana they’d all balloon in between fights. You need someone that’s going to work on the psyche and help break those habits between fights as well. While all three are great coaches they aren’t full on life coaches like wards coach, atlas, Richardson and a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                      He needs a disciplinarian which none of those guys are. Look at Freddie and Chavez jr, Garcia and Rios/maidana they’d all balloon in between fights. You need someone that’s going to work on the psyche and help break those habits between fights as well. While all three are great coaches they aren’t full on life coaches like wards coach, atlas, Richardson and a few others.
                      Eddy Reynoso is a disciplinarian. Just as one example he told Ryan Garcia that this wasn't a game and that he would have to take things very seriously if they were going to work together. Ryan has responded well and is showing good results.

That's who my pick would be for Andy Ruiz. Plus the Canelo team trains in San Diego which is close to where Andy lives already. There wouldn't be people having to fly back and forth from New York as would be the case with Teddy Atlas.

Comment

Working...
                      X